• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

darkness2505

Reaction score
oh man, they got a restock of the other sold out sizes but expected ship date is now in april. please have another code soon

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only one way to find out. You have a much better shot than with the other promos though because this one actually changed the price, rather than being added on after the fact like a normal coupon. I'm interested in the peacoat as well actually, may give it a shot.
Where do you live?

norcal, gets to around 40 degrees in winter

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score

Same here. I was indecisive between the bird's eye and the plain light gray wool. Upon seeing both in person, it was no contest.
Right now J. Crew has a deal on their camp socks. 3 for $30. It is stackable with your student discount so it comes out to $8.50 per pair. I bought 6 over the weekend to wear with boots and shoes that are slightly too loose for regular socks. Great buy IMO.

Is this in store only? I'd be interested at that price but it doesn't look discounted online.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25% off and free ship on $150 with PRESENTS. NOW!

Jcrew reported lost 43% in 3Q earning, so I guess we'll see more and more discounts from JC over the next few weeks and into 2012.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah, that's nuts. Keep an eye out just past midnight Sunday for the JCIGC to be available while the code still works...

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Outerwear is still down 30% too... reordered peacoat for $20 less

Samir

Reaction score
You probably don't need the thinsulate version. If 40 is the lowest, it will probably be too warm to wear in late fall/early spring.
What about for VA/DC, how much of a difference does the Thinsulate really make? I'm interested in the Bayswater as well, but fit pics online seem like a hit or miss deal. And since outerwear seems like the stuff to buy with this sale - anyone ever try out the Trapper jacket? Was only able to find one non-stock photo online.

I'm 5' 7.5", ~130 - I'd think from the size chart I'd need a small, but seeing people bigger than me wearing that size, maybe XS is the way to go?

EDIT: Damn, looks like the outerwear 30% off just ended. Nabbed some Quoddy camp mocs for $~135, though.

Last edited:

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you really have nothing to lose.. just purcahse and return if it doesn't work. Def go for the Thinsulate if you are in the DC area.

AT 5'7 130.. you are unquestionably a X-small asuming your shoulders aren't some absurd length. Might even be too big then.

Last edited:

swaggerjack

Reaction score
If anybody got the peacoat in small and it doesn't work out for you, let me know. I missed picking it up with the extra 25%.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

25% off and free ship on $150 with PRESENTS. NOW!
Jcrew reported lost 43% in 3Q earning, so I guess we'll see more and more discounts from JC over the next few weeks and into 2012.

Yeah - I'd heard about their diminishing returns and figured the discounts will come hard and fast each weekend until New Years. Banana Republic is in the same boat - things are on sale so frequently that you figure they may as well just reprint their price tags.

That's great news though - my local JCrew is great about matching online discounts, so I'll go pick up some more oxfords today.

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Anyone else with the red fairisle camp socks have em bleed like crazy? It happened during a cold wash, I really shouldn't mix beer with laundry...

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah - I'd heard about their diminishing returns and figured the discounts will come hard and fast each weekend until New Years. Banana Republic is in the same boat - things are on sale so frequently that you figure they may as well just reprint their price tags.
That's great news though - my local JCrew is great about matching online discounts, so I'll go pick up some more oxfords today.

Looking forward to some deep discounted oxfords. :D

I've got my eye on some merino v-necks, W&B sweaters, and a half-dozen or so shirts...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads