• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last couple things I've bought online at J Crew I've been unhappy with the slimness through the waist. I'm a 42 Chest, 33 Waist right now. Been buying size Large, figure Mediums would be too tight on the chest.

I've got your exact same measurements. Most mediums at JCrew fit me really well. The large's are probably slightly better in the shoulders, but it's so blousy that I can't bring myself to do it. The mediums fit me just right to slightly snug in the shoulders, but the chest has always been fine.

Tried on some of their oxfords today, and wanted 3 but only had the cash for one :(

supersuper

Reaction score

Anyone tried the Spindletop Waffle Henley? I quite like look of the Olive Moss and Alabaster.
Last couple things I've bought online at J Crew I've been unhappy with the slimness through the waist. I'm a 42 Chest, 33 Waist right now. Been buying size Large, figure Mediums would be too tight on the chest.

Just bought this last night from the site. Pretty cheap with the sale that was going on. Although I ordered the x-small and now I'm worried it will be way too small (around a 35 chest).

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score

Just bought this last night from the site. Pretty cheap with the sale that was going on. Although I ordered the x-small and now I'm worried it will be way too small (around a 35 chest).

i have that henley in x-small and it fits about just right - 5'6" 125 lbs 35 chest

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have the bird's eye, it's good for f/w.

Same here. I was indecisive between the bird's eye and the plain light gray wool. Upon seeing both in person, it was no contest.

Right now J. Crew has a deal on their camp socks. 3 for $30. It is stackable with your student discount so it comes out to $8.50 per pair. I bought 6 over the weekend to wear with boots and shoes that are slightly too loose for regular socks. Great buy IMO.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here. I was indecisive between the bird's eye and the plain light gray wool. Upon seeing both in person, it was no contest.
Right now J. Crew has a deal on their camp socks. 3 for $30. It is stackable with your student discount so it comes out to $8.50 per pair. I bought 6 over the weekend to wear with boots and shoes that are slightly too loose for regular socks. Great buy IMO.

If you're looking for thicker socks and live in a cooler climate, Costco stocks a four pack of 71% merino wool socks made in the USA. Quality is pretty good and the price is $9.99 for four pairs. Can't be beat.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

good info i'll go take a look when it gets sunny out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads