• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
^
tailoring of that nature should cost maybe like $20-30 at most. taking stuff in at the sides is usually no big problem. the waist can be taken in easy. the neck however... well i guess it depends on if you're gonna be wearing this thing buttoned up (probably never). but if you can fit more than four fingers in there when it's fully buttoned then that's way too big.

Thanks, I'm going to check with 2-3 tailors in the next couple days. If it costs $20-$30 I'd rather tailor it as its going to cost me about $10 at least anyways to ship it back for an exchange and plus I think XS will look weird on me from the sleeves.

Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
As soon as I e-mailed Jcrew regarding the cancellation of the order for my slim fit corduroys, as I wasn't planning on waiting four more weeks, they stated that said pants are now available and that I should expect to receive them in three days. What a coincidence...

You're lucky or else they are terrible at canceling orders unless you do it within an hour or something.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
You're lucky or else they are terrible at canceling orders unless you do it within an hour or something.

Well when I placed the order I was told the pants would ship within 2 weeks. 3 days after they were supposed to ship, I received an e-mail stating that they would not ship for another 4 weeks and that I could call or e-mail them or just wait until they ship. I chose to e-mail them and said I would like to cancel the order because I wasn't going to wait 4 weeks more longer what I was promised.

To me, it seems like they were trying to screw me over. The moment I wasn't so passive with them, they magically have the pants in stock. I don't have any other experiences with Jcrew though, so I dunno.

sonomadrifter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Hey, man, it's your headache, but please report your findings. I'd rather spend my Saturday morning getting in some good cuddle time.

So I just got back from the warehouse deal with a couple friends of mine. About like how it is described, temporary tables and tons of boxes on top and beneath them. Mostly womens clothing, infact mens cloths just began arriving to that location yesterday.

jcrew.jpg

jfool.jpg

jcool.jpg

BBerry photos.

I did end up walking away with seven items for around $120 (three sweaters, a cardigan, military jacket, two shirts and a tee). Hell of a deal I thought, used an old gift card and a few bucks on top and got out of there.

golfham

Reaction score
I pretty much finished with J.Crew. I've spent alot of money there over the years, but I can no longer handle the irregular sizes, high prices, and poor workmanship. Some of their clothes are exceptional though (Irish Linen shirts, utility jackets)--but enough's enough for me. Still though, J.Crew is miles ahead of **** like GAP and B.R.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
Hey everyone got my flannel and blue chambray today!

So the flannel (Small in slim fit) fits perfectly! I love the slim fit and its a shame they dont offer it for their chambray shirts.

As for the chambray (small) the waist and neck are a little big, sleeve length is fine but they are too wide. What would you guys suggest? Either I could exchange it for an XS but I don't want the sleeves to look ridiculously small on me. Or I could take it to a tailor to get it altered in the same fit as the flannel. Just wondering how much will it cost to get it tailored? I dont want to spend too much.

By the way I thought these shirts WERENT made in China?

Most good tailors (not your cheapo, ill trained ones who might work cheaper) will typically charge $20 to take in the sides and $10 for darts. It's usually another $10 to slim the sleeves down as well too. However, my tailor usually lets me throw in the last alteration for free if i'm doing the first two alterations.

mossmadness88

Reaction score
I can size down in J Crew and get the body fit I want, but I can't button the top button if I do that. If I fit my neck, the body is too big. So with J Crew, I always ask myself what kind of situation I'm going to wear the shirt in. If it's more of a casual shirt and I know I will always want the shirt to look relaxed and not too stuffy, I size down.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
J. Crew is built on the preppy look and style which overall is not meant to look extremely fitted and slim.

this was true, but frank muytjens is taking it away from that direction. one of his main prerogatives when he first started designing for the men's line was focusing more on fit. the styling on the men's models reflects this, but is also pretty deceptive, as they make it seem like the clothes fit a lot better than IRL. i doubt he'll ever push for hedi slimane-like proportions, but he's definitely trying to target the fashion-minded, slim, possibly aging-hipster kind of guy.

Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Crewcuts? They're selling Alden for kids?

nah, they just do bright laces in crewcuts shoe styling.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Why do they make the shoulders so wide? I'm pretty sure I have average shoulders for my height. If it went 17" for small, 18" for medium, etc. (instead of 17.5, 18.5) , I'm pretty sure it would fit much better for most people. I understand why the chest and waist aren't slim (as they're appealing to the masses). If you look at the blazers/sportcoats on the site, you can see that the shoulders are hanging off and are about 1/2 inch too big on each side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads