1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

You forgot Minny and Pennsylvania. C'mon I'm in Canada and I know [​IMG].

2. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Just got an email saying everything at B&M is 25% through Saturday. I might have to hit up the Men's Shop, although I'm sure they're hiding the Aldens in the back room or something until Sunday.

Not valid on 3rd party branded merchandise. Aldens are not on sale.

3. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

How does that shirt look in person (the colors)? I live in Canada so no J Crew here.

I think the picture has a bit of a purplish hue to it and also the gold shows up a bit more in person. But I am talking about a minuscule difference here.

4. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm sure someone will start a SS thread soon enough. Probably jet.

I dunno, nothing really jumps out at me as exciting and new. Panel pants look interesting and the shoes are great.

One thing that seemed different was the tonal pairings of jackets and pants. Tux jacket (midnight blue?) with blue trou, khaki jacket with differently hued khaki pants, for example.

6. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

I'm sure someone will start a SS thread soon enough. Probably jet.

I dunno, nothing really jumps out at me as exciting and new. Panel pants look interesting and the shoes are great.

One thing that seemed different was the tonal pairings of jackets and pants. Tux jacket (midnight blue?) with blue trou, khaki jacket with differently hued khaki pants, for example.

Couldn't have said it any better...definitely like the Blue Alden Bucks.

7. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

has anybody seen J.Crew's Spring 2011 line? Thoughts? Mister Crew posted up pics and different reviews here's the link:

http://mistercrew.com/blog/2010/11/0...eview-roundup/

Ya....very "apc"ish. The shoes do look like an improvement and I like the windbreaker toggle but nothing else really strikes my fancy. Those deconstructed chinos are the ones that went for like $3XX on the site I think...unbelievable.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

Meh, looks like it could be a slack season for the Crew this time around. Can you say, "Boring"?

9. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

Meh, looks like it could be a slack season for the Crew this time around. Can you say, "Boring"?

[​IMG]

10. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

Got some Wool University Coats with the thinsulate in my sig. Enjoy.

11. Poaster

Poaster New Member

As far as I know the student discount is only 15% and they don't apply it to shipping. The states we'd have to find with college students and without J. Crew stores to dodge sales tax would be: Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Arkansas.

Good idea bro but the probability would be slim.

I am a college student, there are two J.Crew stores within 30 minutes of my house in NJ, where there is no sales tax. I can proxy you guys stuff if you like, can visit my stores during breaks.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

Took another look at the university coats in the clearance store today. Might have nabbed one but there were no Larges, only S, M, and LTs. BUT, it was priced at 120, which I think is still overpriced for this coat, and considering that the same store has the much nicer peacoat for 80 (and that last spring I got the peacoat for 40!).

13. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior member

Perhaps your style is finally outgrowing the Crew.

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Perhaps your style is finally outgrowing the Crew.

I think Robert says this every season only to subsequently fall in love with the oh so soft fabrics and manly-man styles that J. Crew has nailed down. The outlet store always wins.

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

Clearance store, actually. Not outlet. Big difference

And yes, you're probably right. It's hard to judge by these silly preview photo sessions.

16. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

They also seem really good about bouncing shit out of stores that isn't selling and moving new stuff in with the quickness. There will be some stuff for Robert, patron saint of J. Crew, to love. [​IMG]

17. intent

intent Senior member

New Hampshire also doesn't have sales tax.
    No J. Crew in NH. I've tried.

There may be a factory store at the outlet.

18. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with the factory clothes. I'm looking at getting some sweaters and even with the 25% discount I'm looking at around $200 +/-. I just went to the factory site and their v necks and some of their cardigans look decent and at a reasonable price. Is the quality horrible albeit not as good as non factory stuff? Any thoughts?

19. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Do the secret wash shirts fit the same as chambray shirts? I fit into an XS in chambray so thinking I should get XS in secret wash? Or are the chambrays sized bigger?

20. scb

scb Senior member

No J. Crew in NH. I've tried.

There may be a factory store at the outlet.

North Conway North Conway
    2 Common Court Unit #C18 NH 03860
    603 356 9228

Salem Rockingham Park
    99 Rockingham Park Blvd NH 03079
    603 893 3870

Tilton Tilton
    120 Laconia Road NH 03276
    603 286 2836