• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I went nuts over this when I saw it in the store. I love it. Am wearing today, in fact, w/ some grey cords. It's fairly soft, and yeh, it's vivid. The color has a lot of pop. No, not overbearing.

Originally Posted by hboogz
I think the combination of colors in this tartan make the shirt look great. I can't wait to pick up one of these once they go on sale..

Originally Posted by chethondo
Killer shirt. I bought it 3 weeks ago and it's become one of my favorites. The color is not overbearing at all. Get yourself one.

Thanks, guys. I think I'll get it. I agree that the colors make the shirt look great; was just a bit off by how intense the red seams.

RyanAnderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Alert Alert Alert
Sale Section on jcrew.com was just updated. Sutherland Trench, Khaki Utility Coat, watch straps, sperrys...
all on sale

Thanks, just picked up some urban slim fit chinos for 29.99...

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Did a search and no answers.

ffffuuuu.gif

Late reply, but I have last year's tweed herringbone sportcoat and love it. Quality is good, and fit in 40R is TTS.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
drat, lighthouse tartan I've been delaying ordering finally went on sale...but they are out of smalls. I don't think my local jcrew has these either.

Thanks to you, I just kopped the lighthouse tartan in Lrg. Job well done..

FYI, The LOVEJCREW promo code worked like a charm; paid $39.99 flat.

e23

Reaction score
I want to pull the trigger on the fleece shawl collar sweatshirt and read that the size is bigger than tagged. No returns, but F it. I will do it because the free shipping got me.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in to pick up some socks today since I saw them on sale over the weekend and came away with four pairs at less than $2.50 each. I decided to browse the rest of the store and saw one lonely small fleece shawl collar cardigan on the rack for $19.99, treated myself to a layering piece.

Also, I saw a new button down two pocket shirt in store while I was there that I didn't notice online. It's a long sleeve button down brushed grey/black herringbone material. Price is was close to $80 if I recall correctly, but this one is without a doubt my favorite J Crew shirt offering to date. It had an inner "workwear" tag similar to the chambray shirts, but for not being a big J crew shirt fan anymore, this one is on my list.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Went in to pick up some socks today since I saw them on sale over the weekend and came away with four pairs at less than $2.50 each. I decided to browse the rest of the store and saw one lonely small fleece shawl collar cardigan on the rack for $19.99, treated myself to a layering piece.

Also, I saw a new button down two pocket shirt in store while I was there that I didn't notice online. It's a long sleeve button down brushed grey/black herringbone material. Price is was close to $80 if I recall correctly, but this one is without a doubt my favorite J Crew shirt offering to date. It had an inner "workwear" tag similar to the chambray shirts, but for not being a big J crew shirt fan anymore, this one is on my list.

I saw that one as well just last nite. Very nice indeed. $79.50, though. Come on. Getting outta hand.

And many of you here will appreciate this: Signs all over the Paramus, NJ Men's Shop: Men's size XS: You spoke and we listened.
Funny, no one I saw in the store looked like an XS to me. So if you guys are in need of some XS items, give a call to the Men's Shop in Paramuns (Garden State Plaza Mall).

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I saw that one as well just last nite. Very nice indeed. $79.50, though. Come on. Getting outta hand.

And many of you here will appreciate this: Signs all over the Paramus, NJ Men's Shop: Men's size XS: You spoke and we listened.
Funny, no one I saw in the store looked like an XS to me. So if you guys are in need of some XS items, give a call to the Men's Shop in Paramuns (Garden State Plaza Mall).

XS is in demand! Have we American men turned the tide on obesity?!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon

I agree the price is out of hand. I'll keep an eye out for coupons or a sale on this one.

That's interesting about XS. I did notice a red/black buffalo check lined flannel in my store that was an extra small. It wasn't an online return as it had a price tag (unless the store provided it after return), but I was shocked to see it. I tried it on and it fit just right. They need more XS in my store.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Now that we're familiar w/ about everything jah cru has to offer this season, what's the best of F/W09?

For me it's a close tie among these:

Sherpa jacket

Fatigue jacket

Woodsman tartan secret wash shirt

You have my vote on the Woosdsman tartan and the Fatigue. Although, I'm partial to the fatigue in black..

I do have a personal favorite this season. I actually paid full retail for it and would do it again, that's how much i like this shirt..

Gun Metal Giant Gingham Secret Wash Shirt.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeh, that's nice. I considered picking that one up.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
classless