• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this the best we can do?

David Webb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Uh, the people here aren't style icons, we're just people posting pictures of ourselves on the internet. It sounds to me you just wanted an excuse to ***** about something.

If we don't know how you dress as it is, why should we give a **** whether or not you think the people here dress poorly? For all we know, you look like garbage.

Ok, ok, I'll come clean. I'm AmJack McDouche in disguise. I use too much tanning spray! I have layered popped collars! I wear Kenneth Cole square-toes! My jeans are flared and faded! Save me!!

David Webb

Reaction score
Show us what you look like, then.

Mayerbag-771244.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how are things uniform-y on this board? If anything I think it's one of the more diverse forums on style. In the WAYWT thread practically every other post is coming from a totally different perspective.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
As deliciously naughty as that sounds, I'll pass. I'm not the style icon here, you guys are supposed to be. That's why I lurk - I want to educate myself and I'm constantly on the lookout for ideas I can incorporate. But this quest is frustrating because it seems like things have gotten really "uniform-y".

This is a cop-out. It's easy to spew vitriol; it's much harder to add something positive to any community. I challenge you to do just that.

A number of these guys have gone out on a limb by posting pictures and getting feedback. I don't always like what I see, nor would it work for me, but I respect a lot of what's done here. Since you don't like what you see, how would you improve on it?

Waiting.....
waiting.....
waiting...........

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
So it seems the uniform here is a gray/white/black (maybe graphic) t-shirt, dark tight jeans, and blinding white sneakers. Oh, and maybe one of those juvenile hoodies with skulls on it like the the 6th graders down the street wear.
... What? No.
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
troll
Yes.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i highly doubt anyone who posts on these forums touts themselves as an "expert," just people who know and care much more about clothes than the average person would (and in many cases, definitely more than the average person should)

i think a lot of people who become regular members started out completely clueless, and don't want to model the latest trends or look particularly avant-garde as much as well put-together without looking completely lame.

if you want to get inspiration for how to dress because you want to broaden your sartorial wardrobe, you should be consulting street-style blogs saturated with photos, NOT a forum where some people are wondering if a particular style of shoes will go with their favorite pair of jeans.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So only Maharlika's images are working in your Braille terminal. Get that checked on.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
What should I wear? I just want people to like me.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Why was this topic rated one?

This is clearly a five-star thread.

I never even NOTICED the rating system before. Wow. Anyway, my five-star vote just bumped the thread to two stars overall!

David Webb's got a point though. You know what this forum is utterly lacking? Visual Kei. Get to it, people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads