• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this the best we can do?

hi-val

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I never even NOTICED the rating system before. Wow. Anyway, my five-star vote just bumped the thread to two stars overall!

David Webb's got a point though. You know what this forum is utterly lacking? Visual Kei. Get to it, people.

I was laying awake last night, no joke, thinking about how to work in visual kei in a post.

Congrats saucy.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
I was laying awake last night, no joke, thinking about how to work in visual kei in a post.

Congrats saucy.

bigstar[1].gif

Your opinion might drop a little if you haven't already seen this thread, though.
frown.gif

hi-val

Reaction score
Oh, I am completely aware of that thread and had been wanting to work that meme in for awhile.

Saucy, if you dyed your buzzcut banana yellow, wore cake makeup and painted your nails black, it would be less of a uniform.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
Oh, I am completely aware of that thread and had been wanting to work that meme in for awhile.

Saucy, if you dyed your buzzcut banana yellow, wore cake makeup and painted your nails black, it would be less of a uniform.

I wear The Uniform to ensure that Rye knows I'm one of the good guys. I don't want him shooting at me.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's Visual Kei, i've seen that punchline delivered in a few threads and am completely clueless

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
what's Visual Kei, i've seen that punchline delivered in a few threads and am completely clueless

Click the link in my post above. It's actually an interesting thread.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, i think i'll stick with wabi sabi
wink.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when people are posting that they are wearing skull jeans
he probably thinks its just a pair of jeans with a skull on them

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mastermind Japan jeans w/ skull on them > Skull jeans.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
Greetings. Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'll start out with some questions. You probably won't like me by the time I'm through.

What's the deal with white v-neck t-shirts? Some folks put these in their essentials lists, but I want to determine under what circumstances. My grandfather always wore one under his outer shirt. Are you using them, as I am accustomed, underneath button-ups and sweaters? Or are you rocking them as your "main" shirt? Please tell me we aren't using old man undershirts now as some sort of fashion-forward staple and thinking it is cool. When I see a guy out in public in a plain white t-shirt, especially v-neck, I always think, well that guy didn't finished getting dressed, or he must be going to the gym or to cut the grass. It looks like underwear, people. What gives?

Jeans - So the dark tight jeans like I remember kids making fun of when I was in grade school are now fashionable? And don't get me started on the cuffs. Are you really buying ridiculous inseams just so you can cuff them? Attention shoppers - it makes you look like a little kid.

You talk about the nuances of fit, and yet praise the unwashed, black, stacked and cuffed look that, to me, is completely anti-fit. I'm all for a dark straight-legged jean, but some of your WAYWT photos are hilarious with your denim man-tights and darling little cuffs.

So it seems the uniform here is a gray/white/black (maybe graphic) t-shirt, dark tight jeans, and blinding white sneakers. Oh, and maybe one of those juvenile hoodies with skulls on it like the the 6th graders down the street wear.

Really? Is that the best that the young fashion-forward community can come up with? I came here because someone said there were a lot of cool looks to sample. To me, Maharlika is just about the only one of you who posts photos that make me think, man, that is cool! As for most of the rest of you...yawn.

Only true gangsta's rag on people over the web, and by the way it's all fun and games until someone in denim leggings and blindingly white hi-tops tests yer manhood for making fun of his fashion-foward outfit
devil.gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
when people are posting that they are wearing skull jeans
he probably thinks its just a pair of jeans with a skull on them

Nah, I think he might be busting on the W+H skull hoodie that I posted in WAYWT a while ago.... regardless of the 3 or 4 fit photos I've posted since.

I don't know how I will sleep tonight knowing this "Long Time Lurker" who's only been a member of the site for a week, doesn't like the way we dress. Clearly someone who doesn't participate in threads or photo posts and chooses to introducing himself by making condescending statements and pigeonholing the entire forum into one outfit, knows what he's talking about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads