• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the CPO shirt? Is it meant to be more like a really thick shirt or like a jacket?
And how often should it be washed? Being like a shirt I am picturing it getting dirty and needing to be washed more frequently but I'm not sure. I really like the design but don't know if I should just get a type III instead?

deadbilly

Reaction score
I've got one of the wool melton CPOs. I use it as a really heavy shirt/light jacket that you could wear under a winter coat (it's one step up from their ultra-heavy flannels). I don't wear it that often since it doesn't get that cold where I am (10 Celsius is a cold day). I'd get more use out of a moleskin cotton one. Personally I don't like denim jackets so I can't give any advice between the two. Jacob Bannon of Converge wore an Iron Heart CPO in a bunch of live show videos if you want to see one in action.

schraiber

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their SS Madras workshirts?

I came across this boy on the outlet and there's one left in Large: https://www.ironheartamerica.com/outlet/ihsh-226-iye.html#/831-size-l/1382-colour-indigo_yellow

I'm not sure about my sizing in Iron Heart shirts, as I have never owned any. I'm inclined to assume that, like most Japanese brands, they run small, and that the Large here is the right choice for me (Medium in most American brands, and a Large in UES, which is the only Japanese brand I own a shirt from). But the measurements actually look pretty true to size with the M having a 21.5 half chest. Since this is on sale I can only return for store credit, so I'd want to be a bit more sure. Hence, asking if anyone has any experience with the sizing :)

Gonzo9

Reaction score
My first IH Shirt arrived not too long ago In Size M. IHSH-62 12oz Wabash Indigo. Sizing was spot on according to the chart. This “western shirt” has the shoulders cut tighter but the sleeves are longer for my size. So the size charts have a bit of a learning curve. Quality is top shelf. The stitching is pretty impressive. I could barley find a loose thread.

For the SS Madras you reference my size would be L according to the chart.
876121E0-7F3B-43D0-8FF3-EDF12D299D3E.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I came across this boy on the outlet and there's one left in Large: https://www.ironheartamerica.com/outlet/ihsh-226-iye.html#/831-size-l/1382-colour-indigo_yellow

I'm not sure about my sizing in Iron Heart shirts, as I have never owned any. I'm inclined to assume that, like most Japanese brands, they run small, and that the Large here is the right choice for me (Medium in most American brands, and a Large in UES, which is the only Japanese brand I own a shirt from). But the measurements actually look pretty true to size with the M having a 21.5 half chest. Since this is on sale I can only return for store credit, so I'd want to be a bit more sure. Hence, asking if anyone has any experience with the sizing :)
With IH, the measurements tell a lot of the story. I've bought both mediums and larges (tend to be a medium in most tts brands) and chose based on the measurements. They are really good about verifying the measurements before they ship out if you ask.

That shirt you linked looks like it fits tts or even slightly large for its stated size

schraiber

Reaction score
With IH, the measurements tell a lot of the story. I've bought both mediums and larges (tend to be a medium in most tts brands) and chose based on the measurements. They are really good about verifying the measurements before they ship out if you ask.

That shirt you linked looks like it fits tts or even slightly large for its stated size
Thanks. I guess I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Hopefully next season they put some some more... I'm only just getting into the brand, and this kind of lightweight workshirt is something I've really been wanting for a while.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Hopefully next season they put some some more... I'm only just getting into the brand, and this kind of lightweight workshirt is something I've really been wanting for a while.
I agree, I wouldn't settle. Most people dig their heavyweight stuff, but just like you, I've quite enjoyed the lighter stuff

karmaguy

Reaction score

just to jump in, I have two of their madras style shirts and they’re excellent. It’s IH so the heft is still there but…I live in a climate where it’s 90F+ much of the year and I wear both of mine most of the year.
I’ll also say I have a few of the heavyweight flannels etc and I consistently wear a L across the board. I think we’re in the same boat…I wear M in most US brands and L in most Japanese brands.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My UHF collection. I have a love hate relationship. I still don't understand why a 50" chest would have 40" sleeves. I wish I could get them made to my measurements which INHO are quite normal. You know 50" chest, 37" sleeves, a little more room in the arm holes and 1/2" more in the cuffs so they'll slide over my watch. Oh well just can't resist them.
20221212_111424a.jpg
20221208_105613.jpg
20221209_102828.jpg
20221125_105619.jpg

Last edited:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same one and I figured it would have sold out before the sale...
I think there were one or two left but they sold immediately. How do you like yours? Do you think it's worth that price? At least these were made to more reasonable measurements although I had to buy the XXXXL to get the chest room so the sleeves are too bloody long.:crazy: I like it but the sale price would have been better. :rolleyes2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads