• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

blairh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Thinking about the Ipad 2 for a present. Dont know if its really that great though. I mean its neat, thats about it. I have the Iphone 4 and honestly cant think of why anyone would want 4 iphones stuck together.

I have an iPhone 4. If I get an iPad it will be strictly for travel purposes. The battery life and lightweight factors appeal to me as a device to watch movies or TV shows on a plane or train. Also good for those times when I want to browse the web on a bigger screen and/or talk to my gf via FaceTime when I'm at a hotel, etc. 11" MBA would also be a great option but it costs more and doesn't match the battery life of the iPad.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice to browse on a bigger screen than an iPhone's. I use my iPad mostly at home, but also take it with me when I travel. At home, it's basically a very portable web browser and email reader, with some minor function as a controller for the AppleTV and Squeezebox, and an e-reader. When I travel, it's an e-reader, and movie and music player.

--Andre

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Is there a way to manipulate Office generated stuff on the iPad? Is that "Numbers" app good for Excel stuff, for instance?

The people that seem to feel Numbers, Keynote, and Pages are adequate don't come across as hardcore users, imo. I tried Numbers when I forst got my iPad and while it worked with my Excel files, it screwed up the formatting for whenever I moved them back to my laptop or desktop at work. For work I tend to use large, complicated spreadsheets that pull data from other files - Numbers seemed to hate that.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
The people that seem to feel Numbers, Keynote, and Pages are adequate don't come across as hardcore users, imo. I tried Numbers when I forst got my iPad and while it worked with my Excel files, it screwed up the formatting for whenever I moved them back to my laptop or desktop at work. For work I tend to use large, complicated spreadsheets that pull data from other files - Numbers seemed to hate that.
This seems to be the consensus amongst power users.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure power users of Office would be doing the higher level work on their Excel sheets on an iPad anyways. It's more for light editing on the go.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which version are y'all getting? I'm thinking the 16GB Wifi + 3G on AT&T (gotta have the international capabilities IMO).

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
If you've got an iPhone you can jailbreak it and use it to tether your iPad. Save yourself $20 a month and the extra cost of going 3G.

as a wifi hotspot or connect it via a wire? I have my phone as a modem that I hook up to my laptop but its kind of a pain setting it all up everytime.....the instant "on" of the 3G internet seems worth it for the $25 a month.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an Android anyways. The hotspot feature is like $25 extra i think.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
i have an Android anyways. The hotspot feature is like $25 extra i think.

Just root your android and download the wifi tether app

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I'm not sure power users of Office would be doing the higher level work on their Excel sheets on an iPad anyways. It's more for light editing on the go.

I guess it comes down to how light you think light is - for work, I've found the iPad to be a featherweight. Quite a few people seem happy just to be able to open their files.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
This seems to be the consensus amongst power users.

Numbers screws up Excel spreadsheets even for us non-power users. Sometimes I think even OpenOffice does a better job interoperating with MS Office.

--Andre

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads