• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

manos11

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m Manos, 36, living and working in Athens, Greece.

Around here it’s kinda hard to get access to valid sartorial info - experiences, so I look forward to using this forum as reference!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m Manos, 36, living and working in Athens, Greece.

Around here it’s kinda hard to get access to valid sartorial info - experiences, so I look forward to using this forum as reference!
Hello Manos, welcome to the forum!

Curtis Pea

Reaction score
Even though I joined in Feb 2016, I never introduced myself on the forums. I'm into mod fashion of the 60s, and recently have gotten to enjoy the music too around that era! How I gotten to mod fashion though is weird!! I'm not British nor I wasn't born in the southern California, I was born in Miami, Florida. Not the place you would expect to hear anything mod-related other than the former two! One of my favorite rock bands of hearing through my teens was a Japanese rock band called the pillows. They had 3 eras where they dressed differently and did different music. The one gotten me into mod fasion was from their 1st movement ea which was 1990-1993.

In 2009, I watched this unreleased music video that was leaked on Youtube (sadly, no longer there) think it was from an unreleased music video called, 彼女はシスター(She's My Sister). I noticed It was filmed in London of 1992, and all of the members were wearing mod suits (Att, I didn't know what they were wearing until I messaged a friend of mine about the video). I messaged someone on Aim who was from Southern California, and he told me the singer of the band was into mod fashion att of the video shoot. And so I googled "mod fashion", and what popped up was the "mod subculture" article from Wikipedia which barely had information and bad information att compared to now. lol And from there that's how I gotten to mod fashion.

I gathered more info on the mod scene from this website called Modculture and I participated the forums as well. When I first began to adapt from the mod style in 2009, I didn't do much research on it. I bought whatever was available in thrift shops, and discount stores, took them to a tailor to have them fitted more. But That was pretty much it, I never bought any expensive items, or the key brands from the scene as I thought in my 20s I didn't need them. Now in my 30s, I regretted in buying cheap clothes! But I did missed the way how I looked in my early 20s sharp and well-iron clothes. And I want to go back to that style again! But this time with better fashion sense than I had in my 20s! lol And now I learned it's better to save hard than to buy cheap!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I joined in Feb 2016, I never introduced myself on the forums. I'm into mod fashion of the 60s, and recently have gotten to enjoy the music too around that era! How I gotten to mod fashion though is weird!! I'm not British nor I wasn't born in the southern California, I was born in Miami, Florida. Not the place you would expect to hear anything mod-related other than the former two! One of my favorite rock bands of hearing through my teens was a Japanese rock band called the pillows. They had 3 eras where they dressed differently and did different music. The one gotten me into mod fasion was from their 1st movement ea which was 1990-1993.

In 2009, I watched this unreleased music video that was leaked on Youtube (sadly, no longer there) think it was from an unreleased music video called, 彼女はシスター(She's My Sister). I noticed It was filmed in London of 1992, and all of the members were wearing mod suits (Att, I didn't know what they were wearing until I messaged a friend of mine about the video). I messaged someone on Aim who was from Southern California, and he told me the singer of the band was into mod fashion att of the video shoot. And so I googled "mod fashion", and what popped up was the "mod subculture" article from Wikipedia which barely had information and bad information att compared to now. lol And from there that's how I gotten to mod fashion.

I gathered more info on the mod scene from this website called Modculture and I participated the forums as well. When I first began to adapt from the mod style in 2009, I didn't do much research on it. I bought whatever was available in thrift shops, and discount stores, took them to a tailor to have them fitted more. But That was pretty much it, I never bought any expensive items, or the key brands from the scene as I thought in my 20s I didn't need them. Now in my 30s, I regretted in buying cheap clothes! But I did missed the way how I looked in my early 20s sharp and well-iron clothes. And I want to go back to that style again! But this time with better fashion sense than I had in my 20s! lol And now I learned it's better to save hard than to buy cheap!!
Welcome 'Modman' Curtis!

Zaos1

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jorge, i am 31 year old, and i found this grup while i was looking for reviews for the Crockett and Jones Shoes... i am a lawyer so i always use dress outfits for work and recently i got and obsesaion for high end dress shoes... i have a few pairs of a brand called Ace Marks with They are around 300 dlls per pair... and now i am saving money because i want to upgrade to Crockett and Jones!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jorge, i am 31 year old, and i found this grup while i was looking for reviews for the Crockett and Jones Shoes... i am a lawyer so i always use dress outfits for work and recently i got and obsesaion for high end dress shoes... i have a few pairs of a brand called Ace Marks with They are around 300 dlls per pair... and now i am saving money because i want to upgrade to Crockett and Jones!
Hi Jorge, welcome to the forum!

sartorial almond

Reaction score
Hi all!

My real name sounds like almond so my friends call me almond, and you too can call me almond.

I'm here to replace my addictive (but fun) online shopping habits with something more productive, and learn some things about fashion along the way.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm David from Washington DC. My passions: coffee, fitness, and fashion. I just returned from a two week trip to Naples for my first bespoke experience with Sartoria Tofani. I posted a review and summary of my experience here:TOFANI BESPOKE TAILOR NAPOLI
Hello David, seems like you had a great experience at Tofani. A man who's passions include coffee, fitness and fashion, sounds like a man after my own heart. Welcome to the forum!
P.S. What kind of coffee are you drinking?

wynston

Reaction score
Hello David, seems like you had a great experience at Tofani. A man who's passions include coffee, fitness and fashion, sounds like a man after my own heart. Welcome to the forum!
P.S. What kind of coffee are you drinking?

Hello Sinyo18. Thank you for the warm welcome.

I drink a lot of espresso, but also pour over (Hario V60) and cold brew. I have an ECM Synchronika dual boiler espresso machine and a Kafatek Monolith Flat single dose grinder. I like all kinds of espresso, from light roasted single origin specialty coffees to Italian dark roasted blends. I prefer the latter, but I switch beans about every two weeks just to try something new. Next week is Scarlet City Warp Drive which is a medium dark roasted blend that has a nice dark chocolate flavor and lots of crema --very much like Napoli espresso. Some of my other favorites are Caffe Lusso Gran Miscela Carmo, Dragonfly Roasters Espresso Crema Dolce, Counter Culture Coffee 46, CafeCristina medium roast, Red Bird Blue Jaguar Espresso, and usually everything from a local DC roaster Nagadi Coffee

Ljimenez

Reaction score
Hello I’m from the Chicagoland area. I’m into a little bit of everything, from Barbour to boots and watches. Looking forward to it.

rhadshaw

Reaction score
At 43 years old, I'm a relatively late arrival to the world of men's style.

I'm in the early stages of revamping my wardrobe, with the broad game plan of gradually introducing higher quality pieces as finances permit. However, I'm facing two challenges:
  1. I'm a larger man, at 6' tall with my weight fluctuating between 260 and 300 lbs (summer vs winter), so finding XXL items that are simultaneously stylish and good quality can be frustrating, and
  2. I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, so the selection of items that I can try on for fit locally is further restricted. (I prefer to get the fit dialled "in person" before ordering online, as I've had mixed results with blind buys before.)
Consequently, I'm likely to start down the fully custom road, but will likely need advice and encouragement along the way ... which is why I'm here. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads