• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$7Pen

Reaction score
Hello. 37 year old fat guy looking for learn about dress and style. About to graduate college for a second career and interview season is coming up soon. Look forward to learning from you all.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Hello,

Living in France. One day, I have noticed than L sized shirt collar were too wide for me. Then, I have been in London.
On the other day, I wanted some specific fabric or collar / cuff combination therefore I turn to MTM shirts from time to time.
Last summer, my wide feet have been granted a bespoke pair of boots in Budapest (not Vass). Within a short future, I think I am gonna turn MTM suits (one grey three piece suit and one striped blue double breasted). I have a sweet tooth for geometric ties and I will make my best to be lurker, the only reasonable status according to my wallet.

Regards
roostertailedcow

Milosh_v

Reaction score
Good evening to all! The name is Mike. I am a lover of fine shoes and cloth. Took until I hit my 40's to really understand the fascination with such things. I still remember when I was a young boy and my grandfathers would be so well dressed at family functions. My uncle left me two hand made Italian hats when he passed. He was the last of our family to care so much about suiting and such.

I had the opportunity to spend a few weeks in London and Scotland. This is where I realized that being well dressed doesn't mean "fashionable" it means your clothing fits you well and represents your personality. Unfortunately, most Americans wear their clothing in the wrong sizes and don't see the benefit of a good tailor. Since then I have had a few things tailored to fit correctly and a new world was revealed to me. I am a short person that has great difficulty finding items off the rack. Therefore, I rarely purchased or wore suits, jackets and slacks because of poor fit and the big box menswear stores really don't know much about men's clothing, fabric, style and more importantly FIT! I purchased a few high end sports jackets second hand and as most of us on here know there is NO comparison in the way these items drape and feel while being worn. Now that I have begun building a nice wardrobe, the desire for bespoke is looming heavy. LOL
I am a midwestern boy but I now live near D.C. so anyone with recommendations of tailors or niche menswear shops in the area I'm all ears.

I am also interested in reading about sartorial subjects and educational resources for the construction of high end menswear so again all suggestions are welcomed. I like vintage books too.

Look forward to hearing from others and if I have anything of value to add in the forum I surely will do so.

Violator57

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.
Thanks Fok, I'm a retired union carpenter, love fashion, food ,sports,music and travel. You've probably seen me if you watch NFL football, as the original Striped face painted, spiked shoulder padded guy in the stands at Raiders games since 1991. Love to dress Sharp and get out on the town!

Violator57

Reaction score
IMG_lul7q9.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Extra R

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm from Columbus and work in finance, so I have plenty of opportunities to sport tailoring during the week. I've always focused on fit, but I haven't spent much effort thinking about quality, combinations, and the timelessness of my clothes. Looking forward to learning more about the finer points!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads