• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hangovermusic

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm John. I'm about to start my senior year in college. I'm graduating with a b.s. in Public Health and an option in Health Management and Policy. I joined this site because I'm trying to step it up in the style department. I joined a healthcare networking club this last year, and will be meeting a lot of CEOs at networking events soon. Time to suit up I guess. Feel free to ask me any questions. Hope to be an active member of the community!

IronAndrewK

Reaction score
Hello my name is Andrew. I live in South Jersey. I joined because I'm looking to sell a few items , also interested in what people are wearing and reviews on some clothes as well as prices and fit. What is up?

noodles1975

Reaction score
Hey Guy's!

I'm Phil and I'm a fashion buyer in London. I've only just discovered this forum and on having a mooch through it seems to be a great source for knowledge and information, though you can be rest assured that I am not here to only take for the forum, I intend to be an active member of your community and share with you anything that I think may be of interest also.

Looking forward to chatting with you all on various threads.

All the best!

Phil

bcbruin13

Reaction score
My name is Quinn and I am a college freshman at the University of Michigan. I've been looking to upgrade my style from jeans and t-shirt and don't have the first clue of how to dress more formal.

therandombox

Reaction score
Lost a bunch of weight and about to be married. Joined the forum after lurking for a bit to get some more feedback on my growing options for clothing. Thanks!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

I live and work in Seoul, South Korea, but will be moving back to the States in the next year or so.

I have 6 suits, nothing exciting (solids and pin stripes, various shades of gray, Hugo Boss) and one sort of interesting Alexander McQueen (brown with beige pinstripes). But yeah, pretty boring. Several more interesting blazers from Banana Republic.

I have tons of ties; I'm heavily biased against prints, but I know there are quite a few good companies out there that handle prints really well. I just love the feel of woven. I mostly buy Thomas Pink and occasionally Brooks Brothers or Hugo Boss; I'm trying to expand my pattern selection (at this point it's almost all solids, dots, or cross-hatched). Recently picked up a woven striped tie from Kiton...and I really like woven stripes now.

I'm not really sure the best way to wear ties with louder patterns. I also want to learn how to match blazers with slacks (I have a number of nice slacks from Banana Republic), but so far I haven't been brave enough to experiment.

Preferences
Suit: Hugo Boss
Tie: Thomas Pink
Woven or Printed: Woven
3 button or 2 button: 3
Pleats: I'm not my grandpa (that being said, I've seen some nice looking tweeds with pleats)

So yeah...I want to figure out how to dress less conservatively while still dressing neatly.

-A

StumpjumperE

Reaction score
Hi!
Eric here... 49 year old, living and loving life in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO.

I have recently begun caring a good deal about my sense of style so will probably have lots of questions. "Be gentle!" :)

Great to be here... -Eric

2brown4u

Reaction score
Hello guys I'm a 22 year old student out of Chicago trying to refine my style. Being a heavy set guy there is some challenges along the way but nothing big enough to stop me from dressing well and feeling good. I hope to learn a lot for you guys and also contribute to the forum.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Eric here... 49 year old, living and loving life in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO.

I have recently begun caring a good deal about my sense of style so will probably have lots of questions. "Be gentle!" :)

Great to be here... -Eric

Welcome dude! Good to see another Coloradoan. It seems this state of full VERY poorly dressed people. To each his own I guess.

LostnConfused

Reaction score
Hi, Im from California and just graduated college. I'm use to wearing street clothing but I joined because I want to add a touch of class to my style. Don't know how easy that will be seeing how college took all my money and then some.

fatals

Reaction score
Hi guys, just signed up! My name is Mike, im 18 from Greece! Trying to be stylish and not always in fashion! I just need money to do some changes
biggrin.gif

Ryne

Reaction score
Early 20's. Live and work in Chicago. Always been style conscious and done a lot of reading on styleforum. Finally joined up.

PaulJamal24

Reaction score
I'm Paul Jamal (yes my birth name rhymes), 23 yrs old, currently a Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor at Holiday Inn.
Engaged and living in the South (moving sometime soon). Recently figured I was old enough to spruce up my dressing habits and style. (kind of why I'm here at SF)

• Love: oysters, suits, fonts (yes FONTS), wingtips, music, all the stuff guys my age usually love
  • Hate: being either sleepy or hungry haha

I dream of expressing myself creatively (hopefully getting paid for it too!) and traveling the world.
Looking to learn alot here and help as much as I can!

bestak

Reaction score
Hello

i am in France, living 15km in the area of Paris, i found the forum thru a search about a New York Shop.(Epaulet)
Some article of this shop are being discussed here and then i found some thread and by the way the forum
I post from time to time in Watches english language forum: watchuseek, orientalwatchsite...
Here it is my first inscription on a non watch forum site

and sorry for some english mis typing:usage, i mainly read english documents or books but speak and write very few times.

To be complete as i am of Basque origin i have some family in your country in California (San Francisco area)

smile.gif

Last edited:

canon5dfan

Reaction score
Hello,

i'm a recent grad, beginning work in the west coast and I found this forum through friends as well as research on styles. I'm hoping to pick up some style tips and of course how to learn better :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads