• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dmusr

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m Dave from Albany, NY. I’m closer to 60 than 50 and I’ve been wearing a uniform for work the last 30+ years. When I attend Masonic or Shriner events I like to wear classic business suits and the occasional tuxedo. I’m currently in the throes of collecting Allen Edmonds and vintage American made dress shoes. Horween Shell Cordovan is my favorite leather. I’ve dabbled in fountain pens, DE razors and badger shave brushes, firearms, whiskey, cigars, tobacco pipes etc. When I retire from my current profession I will most likely go into real estate. I like to keep busy and live well.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I’m Dave from Albany, NY. I’m closer to 60 than 50 and I’ve been wearing a uniform for work the last 30+ years. When I attend Masonic or Shriner events I like to wear classic business suits and the occasional tuxedo. I’m currently in the throes of collecting Allen Edmonds and vintage American made dress shoes. Horween Shell Cordovan is my favorite leather. I’ve dabbled in fountain pens, DE razors and badger shave brushes, firearms, whiskey, cigars, tobacco pipes etc. When I retire from my current profession I will most likely go into real estate. I like to keep busy and live well.
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

Ftijerina83

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Well I just want to say hello to everyone there is a member here or you want to see this message I never come across this website seen that you can find information about items That are fake and passed off as authentic. So that’s what got me here. I haven’t really got a chance right now to look around on the side and see what there is or what it’s all about but I am interested I need to go and browse around and look around to see what it’s all about. I am doing some shopping and looking for Gucci and Burberry items. Thank you for the welcome. My name is Frank alarm from San Antonio Texas

rexdp10

Reaction score
just stopping by to say hi, and go active...always looking to grow my collection of AE, older LWBs, and starting to dip my toe into the world of shell(dumb move, I know...haha)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I just want to say hello to everyone there is a member here or you want to see this message I never come across this website seen that you can find information about items That are fake and passed off as authentic. So that’s what got me here. I haven’t really got a chance right now to look around on the side and see what there is or what it’s all about but I am interested I need to go and browse around and look around to see what it’s all about. I am doing some shopping and looking for Gucci and Burberry items. Thank you for the welcome. My name is Frank alarm from San Antonio Texas
Well hello Frank from San Antonio, welcome aboard!

Rickr

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been reading this forum for a few months, and thought I should introduce myself.

I live in the Washington DC area with my family, and I've started to think about stepping up my style.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I've been reading this forum for a few months, and thought I should introduce myself.

I live in the Washington DC area with my family, and I've started to think about stepping up my style.

Cheers!
Hi there Rickr, welcome to the 'stepping up' Style Forum!

Townes1974

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have visited this site many times over the last few years. I have used it as a reference and resource for more than a few of my clothing purchases. Going forward I hope to give a little bit back. Thank you all for your the knowledge I have gained by reading this forum.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have visited this site many times over the last few years. I have used it as a reference and resource for more than a few of my clothing purchases. Going forward I hope to give a little bit back. Thank you all for your the knowledge I have gained by reading this forum.
Welcome to the forum!

stevam

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been absorbing knowledge here for years, especially on shoes. I joined only recently, this is my first post...

Moved around quite a bit and currently based in Dakar ??. Real pleasure to be here, and I hope I can share at times so useful advice after all I've learnt from all of you ??✨

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been absorbing knowledge here for years, especially on shoes. I joined only recently, this is my first post...

Moved around quite a bit and currently based in Dakar ??. Real pleasure to be here, and I hope I can share at times so useful advice after all I've learnt from all of you ??✨

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum!

Wordsthoughts

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I belong in a ‘style‘ forum because my style is pretty conservative and classic. I work at a bank in a client facing role and wear suits 5 days a week. I’m currently rotating 10 suits all grey and blue though different shades and patterns.

I’m married with 3 teens and trying to look put together on a budget is a challenge. after years of buying one cheap black pair of rubber bottomed captoe shoe and wearing it every day until it was destroyed only to repeat, I finally am building a shoe rotation.

Last year DSW had a huge sale and I bought 3 dress shoes to go with my captoe and then bought a different captoe to rotate five dress shoes for the first time in my lif!e!

i recently made a goal to slowly integrate good year welted shoes into my rotation until I have a solid stable of shoes that will last 10 years or so. My google searches for shoe and suit advice have led to this site full of men who care about looking good and owning quality clothing and shoes.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I belong in a ‘style‘ forum because my style is pretty conservative and classic. I work at a bank in a client facing role and wear suits 5 days a week. I’m currently rotating 10 suits all grey and blue though different shades and patterns.

I’m married with 3 teens and trying to look put together on a budget is a challenge. after years of buying one cheap black pair of rubber bottomed captoe shoe and wearing it every day until it was destroyed only to repeat, I finally am building a shoe rotation.

Last year DSW had a huge sale and I bought 3 dress shoes to go with my captoe and then bought a different captoe to rotate five dress shoes for the first time in my lif!e!

i recently made a goal to slowly integrate good year welted shoes into my rotation until I have a solid stable of shoes that will last 10 years or so. My google searches for shoe and suit advice have led to this site full of men who care about looking good and owning quality clothing and shoes.
Hi, well here you are, a new member of a 'style' forum. Welcome aboard!

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Hello! I'm corpseposeur,

I've been a longtime lurker here. Styleforum has been a great resource for me to learn about clothing. I have learned a lot here and through my own experiences, I hope to share my views and experiences in the hopes that it would be useful to others.

Over the past year, in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, I've looked to improve my tailored clothing wardrobe and develop my sense of style and taste. I am a creative professional that lives and works in New York. My thinking was that it was a welcome distraction from the pandemic and something to keep me optimistic about the future. My approach to clothing at present is to form some basic guidelines and present a consistent image.

For formal suits, I like a structured Savile Row style. Currently my favorite tailors are Kent, Haste and Lachter (or Kent & Haste), Whitcomb & Shaftesbury and Meyer & Mortimer.

For sportcoats and everyday office wear: I prefer something a bit softer. I have a comission from Tom Mahon and company at Redmayne. I also have a few pieces from O'Connell's and Stoffa.

For casual wear: inexpensive merino wool sweaters and a standard issue pair of Levis work best for me.

I look forward to posting here.

Best,
corpseposeur.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads