• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm corpseposeur,

I've been a longtime lurker here. Styleforum has been a great resource for me to learn about clothing. I have learned a lot here and through my own experiences, I hope to share my views and experiences in the hopes that it would be useful to others.

Over the past year, in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, I've looked to improve my tailored clothing wardrobe and develop my sense of style and taste. I am a creative professional that lives and works in New York. My thinking was that it was a welcome distraction from the present and hopefully My approach to clothing at present is to form some basic guidelines and present a consistent image.

For formal suits, I like a structured Savile Row style. Currently my favorite tailors are Kent, Haste and Lachter (or Kent & Haste), Whitcomb & Shaftesbury and Meyer & Mortimer.

For sportcoats and everyday office wear: I prefer something a bit softer. I have a comission from Tom Mahon and company at Redmayne. I also have a few pieces from O'Connell's and Stoffa.

For casual wear: inexpensive merino wool sweaters and a standard issue pair of Levis work ideal.

I look forward to posting here.

Best,
corpseposeur.
Hello Corpseposur, that's an interesting moniker. You need lurk no longer, welcome!

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Hello Corpseposur, that's an interesting moniker. You need lurk no longer, welcome!

Thanks. Is there a definitive thread on vintage overcoats? I've searched and I was wondering which the most relevant thread would be.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Idk which thread is the most relevant pertaining to overcoats. Check the outerwear threads.

Angel91

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
I'm from Spain, and I've recently decided that I want to be a bit more conscious of what I wear. This forum has been very helpful!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, glad to hear that the forum has been helpful to you. Welcome!

'patanoster

Reaction score
Hi all, long term lurker here who finally signed up to try to ID a hat. Been trying to build a better wardrobe of CM after years of far more casual dress, on a relative budget so its a constant job scouting for the right thing at the right price.

Look forward to some productive arguments about lapels etc!

taimishu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've been a lurker for a little bit and thought i'd sign up to buy/sell. Great crowd you got here!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a lurker on here for awhile. I found it through the Allen Edmonds thread and decided to finally take the next step and contribute. I've learned a lot here, and I hope to repay a small fraction of that.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a lurker on here for awhile. I found it through the Allen Edmonds thread and decided to finally take the next step and contribute. I've learned a lot here, and I hope to repay a small fraction of that.
Glad to have you here, welcome!

RamzyTheKind

Reaction score
Hello everyone !

I hope that you are all doing well. This is my first post here, so I assume that a quick introduction would be appropriate.

I'm a French student, part of an entrepreunarial progam at UC Berkeley.

I've been studying classic menswear, on the side, for the last 3 years, and plan to build a company within this industry.

Regarding styleforum ; I've learned about it quite recently, and I'm enjoying the knowledge you've been sharing since, specially on the tailors thread.

While being a complete beginner, I'm sharing my menswear journey on my IG account : @ramzythekind.

Have a look if you're bored.

I can't wait to start conversations with you all.

Have a great day !

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone !

I hope that you are all doing well. This is my first post here, so I assume that a quick introduction would be appropriate.

I'm a French student, part of an entrepreunarial progam at UC Berkeley.

I've been studying classic menswear, on the side, for the last 3 years, and plan to build a company within this industry.

Regarding styleforum ; I've learned about it quite recently, and I'm enjoying the knowledge you've been sharing since, specially on the tailors thread.

While being a complete beginner, I'm sharing my menswear journey on my IG account : @ramzythekind.

Have a look if you're bored.

I can't wait to start conversations with you all.

Have a great day !
Hello Ramzy, welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any questions.

Dav25

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Dave and im from Southern Califonia. Im into watches mainly but a recent Whites Boots purchase led me here. I have a great deal to learn about boots and thats why im here.

GabrielleHunter

Reaction score
Hello community! I'm new here, I'm 25 years old, I'm from New York. I love stylish clothes, so I'm here to learn about new trends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads