• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonnevillet100

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the forum today. I live in London and I recently turned 38. I have been into men’s high end wrist watches for years however recently I became interested in other fine things as well, mainly high quality shoes.

I realised that in the past five years I bought seven pairs of cheap shoes and most of them I do not wear either because they are uncomfortable, broken or I just got bored of them. Therefore why not buy a pair of Goodyear welted shoes and live happily for a long time.

I will be following all discussions on C&J, Church’s and Carmina very closely.

Cheers guys!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there, you have good taste. C&J, Church’s and Carmina are all excellent choices.
Welcome to our forum!

Jonner1us

Reaction score
I’m jonner from Pennsylvania and I’m just starting to get into some nice shoes and boots so I figured I could read up on them here before buying.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m jonner from Pennsylvania and I’m just starting to get into some nice shoes and boots so I figured I could read up on them here before buying.
Hello Jonner, researching products prior to purchasing is a wise move. Welcome aboard!

RTT

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm RT. I live in central Texas and I have far more shoes and ties than any man ought. I'm a fan of classic tailoring, albeit in a very casual, Italianesque way. For my day job I restore old buildings and build new buildings that look like old buildings. In a former life I wore camouflage, walked everywhere, and talked on the radio a lot.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello RT, one can never have enough shoes or ties. It's just a shame that we can't wear but a limited quantity at one time! Welcome to the forum!

olivndbrwn

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a college student from Florida who has recently become fascinated with dressing better and I hope to facilitate this fascination through this platform. In the process, I will try to share my thoughts and opinions with others in order to hopefully help out others.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a college student from Florida who has recently become fascinated with dressing better and I hope to facilitate this fascination through this platform. In the process, I will try to share my thoughts and opinions with others in order to hopefully help out others.
Hello there, please feel free to share your thoughts, etc. Welcome aboard!

stylelacky

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a 30 something from the UK. I am new to all this but have become a shoe obsessive. Have read this forum many times and today I take the plunge...

GQAzndood

Reaction score
Good Evening Gents. I've worked in the sartorial industry for over 10 years and though these days I don't dress up as much (got fitness goals and need to renew style) I like to keep educated and up to date on things sartorial and the gentleman world.

I hope we ALL can make this a place for people to share and uplift one another.

TeaAndOranges

Reaction score
Hello SF, I am a mechanical engineering masters student at Tufts University, currently researching Aerospace Engineering and Autonomous systems, and will be pursuing my Ph.D afterwards. I am also a Software Engineer tech lead (prefer to leave my company anonymous). I come from a traditional southern preppy family. As a black sheep nerd who used to distance myself from our history of sailing, golfing, country clubs, brunch, suits, and station wagons, I recently realized that I loved my families history, despite it's problematic origins, and I wanted to jump back on board and continue the preppy traditions of my family, firstly by learning how to dress. I spent much of my time focusing on school, and decided I can spend more time on lifestyle and style.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Evening Gents. I've worked in the sartorial industry for over 10 years and though these days I don't dress up as much (got fitness goals and need to renew style) I like to keep educated and up to date on things sartorial and the gentleman world.

I hope we ALL can make this a place for people to share and uplift one another.
Welcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads