• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Helle everyone,

I already have posted some messages and pictures here and there but didn’t even introduce myself in this topic, I hope you will forgive me?

My name is Marc, I’m 27 years old and live in the french speaking part of Switzerland.

I don’t really know why I have gotten more and more interested in clothing and shoes in the last few years because no one in my personal/professional environment really cares about this at all. I guess that I’m just genuinely interested in well crafted, timeless objects. It has all started with watches, furniture and design when I got my first apartment and now… well, I’m little by little trying to update my wardrobe with nice pieces of clothing that I like and that - hopefully - will last!

Since I don’t need to dress up for work, I can choose whatever type of clothes I like and I have to admit that it’s a lot of fun when you can pick anything from a casual shirt to chino and flannel trousers and don’t have to stick mainly/only to business suits and shirts.

I don’t think that I will add much more then that because I don’t want to get boring :) ! I’m looking forward to participate in the forum and wish everyone a great day!

Best,

MaE

Edit: I'll probably be most active on the Weston and Paraboot threads since I quite like these two brands, for everything else I'll probably mostly watch what's going on without intervening much because my knowledge is still quite limited!
Hello Marc, welcome aboard!

itsbk93

Reaction score
Bhargav, welcome to the forum.
Thank you Sinyo18. Excited for this.

I have pushed in my first thread for the new venture I am starting with. It would be a great help if you can share your valuable insights for the same.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Thank you Sinyo18. Excited for this.

I have pushed in my first thread for the new venture I am starting with. It would be a great help if you can share your valuable insights for the same.

Cheers!
Sure, I'd be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about handbags, totebags, etc.

itsbk93

Reaction score
Sure, I'd be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about handbags, totebags, etc.
No worries. You can help me by sharing this with you Friends and Family, who you think can be of good help :)

jdhoop

Reaction score
Hey there,

My name's Jonathan. I'm a graphic designer and writer and I'm happy to finally join Styleforum. I've been somewhat interested in menswear ever since a friend gave me Flusser's Dressing the Man in high school, but for the past two years or so I had been saving money and not buying any clothes. I just recently began re-vamping my wardrobe and really enjoying dressing well. Feeling "put together" in public has helped me overcome a lot of social anxiety/awkwardness and boost my confidence level.

I love Spier and Mackay and have been buying almost exclusively from them. I love the classic style, and the quality-level seems to be a great value for the price. Their jackets and shirts off-the-rack fit me better than most of my older MTM items. I was thrilled to discover that I can wear their 36 Contemporary Fit jackets with no alterations needed!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to learning a lot more here on the forum.

Regards,
Jonathan

IMG_4878 copy.jpg
IMG_4613.jpg

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello, I hope that Singapore hasn't been hit too hard by this virus. Give my regards to Orchard Road, welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hey there,

My name's Jonathan. I'm a graphic designer and writer and I'm happy to finally join Styleforum. I've been somewhat interested in menswear ever since a friend gave me Flusser's Dressing the Man in high school, but for the past two years or so I had been saving money and not buying any clothes. I just recently began re-vamping my wardrobe and really enjoying dressing well. Feeling "put together" in public has helped me overcome a lot of social anxiety/awkwardness and boost my confidence level.

I love Spier and Mackay and have been buying almost exclusively from them. I love the classic style, and the quality-level seems to be a great value for the price. Their jackets and shirts off-the-rack fit me better than most of my older MTM items. I was thrilled to discover that I can wear their 36 Contemporary Fit jackets with no alterations needed!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to learning a lot more here on the forum.

Regards,
Jonathan

View attachment 1361139View attachment 1361149
Hi Jonathan, Flusser's books are worthy if not necessary in any sartorially minded aficionado's library. Welcome aboard!

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Ken, a 30 y/o guy from Sydney, Australia. Long time lurker but was more active in another large fashion forum (which is basically dead now except a few threads). Always knew about styleforum but had the impression it was geared very much towards formal wear/classics.Now that I've hit my 30s that's probably not such a bad thing anymore. After the death of many forums I found I don't get the same experience on the newer platforms and kinda miss the community aspect of it. Not to mention the encyclopedic knowledge some people have on garments and brand history. So here we are.

Clothing wise, I went from the raw denim obsession around early 2010s to avant garde for a few months, a bit of street wear, and in the past years came back full circle to what people refer as "normcore". I work as a full time lab slave (PhD student) and in allied health. This means I can dress more casually most days mixed with "professional" attire from time to time. As for brands, I just like fun and interesting things, and I'll leave it at that. Looking forward to learning new things and contributing whenever I can :)

mabbitt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Ken, a 30 y/o guy from Sydney, Australia. Long time lurker but was more active in another large fashion forum (which is basically dead now except a few threads). Always knew about styleforum but had the impression it was geared very much towards formal wear/classics.Now that I've hit my 30s that's probably not such a bad thing anymore. After the death of many forums I found I don't get the same experience on the newer platforms and kinda miss the community aspect of it. Not to mention the encyclopedic knowledge some people have on garments and brand history. So here we are.

Clothing wise, I went from the raw denim obsession around early 2010s to avant garde for a few months, a bit of street wear, and in the past years came back full circle to what people refer as "normcore". I work as a full time lab slave (PhD student) and in allied health. This means I can dress more casually most days mixed with "professional" attire from time to time. As for brands, I just like fun and interesting things, and I'll leave it at that. Looking forward to learning new things and contributing whenever I can :)
hello fellow sydneysiders.
though i no longer live in sydney, how is it going there?

Hellanormcore

Reaction score
Hi Ken, how's it going in Sydney? Welcome to the forum!
hello fellow sydneysiders.
though i no longer live in sydney, how is it going there?
Weird is the best way to describe it right now. We're not on full lock down as other countries or towns but it does look like its heading that way. The restrictions we have in place themselves are quite odd to say the least, so it's been a mix of "she'll be alright" attitude and slow build up of anxiety.

Other than the looming dread in the back of everyone's mind, Sydney's great. Quieter at the moment and weather's cooled down a bit so we're not dealing with scorching heat anymore.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.