• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi SF members !

I'm Alexis, a 29 year old fashion enthusiast from France.
Over the past five years I had been writing a thesis in law but I got really bored and stressed out. That's why I decided to quit and try to force my way into the fashion world.
Two weeks ago I found a job at a Parisian shoe shop as a salesman and I'm about to become a manager in this shop. My ultimate goal is to open a retail stores with high quality clothes and shoes in a few years !

I don't have a high level in english but I'm here to learn everything I can about fashion, to talk with you about my passion and to improve my english level !

Have a nice day !

@Alexico - inspiring story - best of luck and huge welcome to the community!

Mandarina

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Maddie.

I've stumbled upon SF as I was looking into well made shoes (for women). I wear a lot of vintage, and despite finding wonderful pieces clothing at very accessible prices, footwear has always been a problem. After torturing my feet in poorly made shoes for too long, I decided that wearing seemingly precious vintage pieces with poor shoes is like owning a great car and putting the cheapest wheels on it.

Despite being designed for men's lifestyle, I got a lot of helpful info from this place when it came to different shoemakers, constructions, as well as materials. Because I kept coming back here for more information, I decided to finally set up an account.

I'm probably more likely to stalk boards than contribute to any of them, considering my gender. I'm thinking one day of starting a blog recording my endeavours to invest into well made footwear as a woman.

That'll be all for now.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Maddie.

I've stumbled upon SF as I was looking into well made shoes (for women). I wear a lot of vintage, and despite finding wonderful pieces clothing at very accessible prices, footwear has always been a problem. After torturing my feet in poorly made shoes for too long, I decided that wearing seemingly precious vintage pieces with poor shoes is like owning a great car and putting the cheapest wheels on it.

Despite being designed for men's lifestyle, I got a lot of helpful info from this place when it came to different shoemakers, constructions, as well as materials. Because I kept coming back here for more information, I decided to finally set up an account.

I'm probably more likely to stalk boards than contribute to any of them, considering my gender. I'm thinking one day of starting a blog recording my endeavours to invest into well made footwear as a woman.

That'll be all for now.
Hello Maddie, welcome to the forum.

St.Lewis

Reaction score
Greetings from North Carolina & New Orleans. Style crazed artist who lives for vintage finery, opulent furs, gems, hats, equestrian gear, scarves. " Louis St.Lewis is a man of great original style. He is artistic sable in a world filled with rabbit". Andre Leon Talley
5983f9f8c42a0a1963e280c9d96b0bb9.jpg

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings from North Carolina & New Orleans. Style crazed artist who lives for vintage finery, opulent furs, gems, hats, equestrian gear, scarves. " Louis St.Lewis is a man of great original style. He is artistic sable in a world filled with rabbit". Andre Leon Talley View attachment 1116369
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings from North Carolina & New Orleans. Style crazed artist who lives for vintage finery, opulent furs, gems, hats, equestrian gear, scarves. " Louis St.Lewis is a man of great original style. He is artistic sable in a world filled with rabbit". Andre Leon Talley View attachment 1116369

Welcome - looking sharp!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Maddie.

That'll be all for now.

@mandrina - welcome! Karin (founder of OAD) have many great shoes for woman like Carmina, Barker, Trickers, Church's, and C&J. Looking forward to interesting conversations!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am actually a female but here to learn more men's fashion due to my interest in watchmaking. I have been working in a government role for 13 years and recently got into the hobby of watchmaking. Attended a few watch and strap making courses (they are really expensive!) and in collaboration with a seasoned watchmaker, have come up with a watch design that I fancy. I am expecting to mass manufacture it shortly. So I hope to get some feedback on its material, design and specs from real men before I send it for mass manufacture and marketing.
Hope you guys can bare your souls on what you really like in your watches!
Thanks!
Inquiring female, welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads