• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

relaxok

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new but have been reading a while. I have always been interested in dressing well and appreciate it in others but have spent a lot of time getting my **** together and owning a home (tough in the Bay Area) and I finally am at the point in my career where I can throw down.

I’ve always dressed like **** but I’ve spent a lot of effort in recent months. It’s amazing how many comments you get and how people treat you differently (both genders), immediately.

I have been spending a lot at farfetch, and so far I really love stuff from Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons, Dsquared2, Kenzo, Maison Margiela, Saint Laurent, and Moncler especially the Gamme Bleu line. So far it’s been a learning experience w/rt sizing and such. I’m sort of in between a M/L or 48/50 so I’m not sure what’s going to fit right and it’s crazy expensive to get multiples of things and I always wonder if a different size would’ve felt better. The cons of online shopping I guess!

Hope to learn a lot from you all.

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new but have been reading a while. I have always been interested in dressing well and appreciate it in others but have spent a lot of time getting my **** together and owning a home (tough in the Bay Area) and I finally am at the point in my career where I can throw down.

I’ve always dressed like **** but I’ve spent a lot of effort in recent months. It’s amazing how many comments you get and how people treat you differently (both genders), immediately.

I have been spending a lot at farfetch, and so far I really love stuff from Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons, Dsquared2, Kenzo, Maison Margiela, Saint Laurent, and Moncler especially the Gamme Bleu line. So far it’s been a learning experience w/rt sizing and such. I’m sort of in between a M/L or 48/50 so I’m not sure what’s going to fit right and it’s crazy expensive to get multiples of things and I always wonder if a different size would’ve felt better. The cons of online shopping I guess!

Am a big fan of farfetch as well. Welcome to the forum!

Mantis Toboggan

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum after lurking it. I am from Australia and do enjoy fashion. I feel like this is a great place to get inspiration for fits and help others out.

I love my sports as well!

jeffgator

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Jeff, currently living in South Florida. I have lurked on and off for years and am very grateful for the excellent advice I have picked up. Today I decided to finally become a member. :) I work in foreign policy and could use help with my wardrobe for my job (as well as for outside of the office). Looking forward to hopefully contributing. :)

Marty J

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Marty, I'm interested in tailoring and well made clothing. I found my way here from some of the tailoring blogs. I am interested in learning more from this great community.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi there, I understand the challenges of being a "tweener", between sizes. You'll have to find brands that mostly fit you right and you'll have to invest in tailoring when appropriate. Do you have an specific questions regarding fit and or tailoring, and what are the challenges of finding quality clothing in the Bay Area?

Revved

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m Michael. I currently live in Austin TX, just having moved here from NYC. I’m a bit of a shoe fan, especially Chelsea boots. I prefer craftsmanship and quality materials over brand identification, although I understand they are not mutually exclusive at times.

Like many, I have one foot slightly longer than the other, which makes sizing difficult. Love reading posts on this site. Thank you!

FalseFace

Reaction score
This is FalseFace from Batman TV 1966 Season 1 Ep17.

A fans of classic TV

Like bespoke suit and fine pair of shoes but love even more with jeans and my pair of NIKE

Like fine watches but never own one.

I am going to be broke by patronizing this forum !!!

Angella

Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Angella. And i like to shop alot. I search around online stores for dresses and some great jeans and shirts for my husband. I've also got some discount coupons that can be used yearly. I am a web practitioner, Food lover, passionate pop culture fanatic, social media advocate, Gamer and a secret coffee nerd.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Angella. And i like to shop alot. I search around online stores for dresses and some great jeans and shirts for my husband. I've also got some discount coupons that can be used yearly. I am a web practitioner, Food lover, passionate pop culture fanatic, social media advocate, Gamer and a secret coffee nerd.
Hello Angella, I too am a lover of quality jeans, pop culture, and a not so secret coffee aficionado- it's in my family history. Welcome aboard. Let us know if you have any questions.

Angella

Reaction score
Hello Angella, I too am a lover of quality jeans, pop culture, and a not so secret coffee aficionado- it's in my family history. Welcome aboard. Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks good to be here. Even tho i love shopping i have may questions related to shopping. I hope i can find some answers and hopefully make new friends. :)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks good to be here. Even tho i love shopping i have may questions related to shopping. I hope i can find some answers and hopefully make new friends. :)
Sure. Let us know if you have questions regarding men's clothing, style, couture, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics