• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score
Dear all

I'm SpallaCamicia, from Sydney Australia and have been following Style Forum for many years. It's a great resource for gents fashion, and has always been a good read.

I'm a big fan of custom made clothing and enjoy the detail and thought process of getting the "right fit". I'm inspired by some great gents Sydney based dressers that are able to pull of looks which are simple, elegant and appropriate.

I'm into the subtleties of sartorial wear, like a Neapolitan Shoulder (aka SpallaCamicia), a soft floating canvas or a handmade button hole showing the utmost in craftsmanship.

I prefer focusing on these details, rather then some more "louder" ways of styling like jackets which pull to aggressively a the waist, too short on the length or pants which are too tight.

I'm a big fan also of Crockett and Jones English shoes and believe that there is no better value than CJ when you factor in the workmanship, quality of leathers, their lasts and the decades of use you should get out of them.

Lastly I like Vitale Barberis Canonico as a true Italian cloth, made with such skill that only the Italian know how in its softness, texture patterns yet being affordable. They are true masters who own their own Aussie sheep in my State, and are owners of the worlds oldest mill. Can't beat that!

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope that this is just the start of years of happy posting.

Best
SC

Ruben Remus

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm for Germany and am quite impressed by the level of expertise of everyone discussing fashion here. I am actually looking for an outlet for some stuff I have and it seems as though this is the place that offers the appropriate amount of appreciation. Additionally, I am looking at expanding my own wardrobe considerably and this seems like the place to find good attire and advice.

Stay classy, styleforum.

Last edited:

SamNeedsHelp

Reaction score
Hey im Sam, I'm new but I heard this forum is helpful for answering questions about fabric restoration and I'm also looking forward to answering other people's questions on restoration. I'm happy to be part of the team :D

josharmy

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Josh. I'm 28 and I'm currently a US Army Military Police officer. I will soon be starting training to become a Criminal Investigator with US Army Criminal Investigation Division. My style is pretty bad mostly just t-shirts and shorts from Old Navy. I am looking to improve my style and learn how to dress in a more professional manner.

kylebward

Reaction score
I'm Kyle. I've always been into fashion but grew up in the mountains so I like to blend style with my heritage.

flewislog

Reaction score
I'm 40 yrs old and work in the music business. Relative to folks in my biz, I'm a pretty conservative dresser partly owing to a somewhat preppy background. I picked up a Eidos wool/cashmere sportcoat today at a good price, and I just registered so I could get some advice on the thread on the shoulder and the buttons not on the cuffs. I'm pretty sure there is some stuff I need to do but not sure what!

MrPorter

Reaction score
Hi, my name is "MrPorter." I am a 26 year old civil engineer intern from New Orleans. Hopefully I will soon be a state licensed civil engineer, as I will be taking the licensing exam early next year. I have many hobbies/interests including hunting, fishing, kayaking, automotive restoration, fitness, and menswear. I tend to focus on quality and not quantity. I do not mind wearing the same things over and over again, as long as I look and feel good in them. I don't know who first said this, but I've always appreciated it....

"The goal is not to look different every day, it is to look good every day."

Eastman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum, and I am very happy to join this community, I am sure I am going to learn a lot. Thanks for having me.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I'm Miguel, 36, I live in Portugal, married and father of 2.

I work in Marketing and Bizz Development, so suits are my regular attire. I have some RTW and Bespoke, tend to wear English Goodyear welted shoes and I really like "accessories" like cufflinks and pocket squares. I also have a "thing" for watches and pens...

Hope to learn with you and (perhaps) help out some others. I'm also looking to get acquaintance of new artisans and brands.

All the best,
m.

ryoshin

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm Julien from France. I thank you all for accepting me on the forum.
And I also thank you in advance for all the knowledge I'm going to gather!
Much obliged!
Julien.

aliminara

Reaction score
After reading a dozen topics on here over the past week, I thought it might be time to sign up.

MedMan89

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

My name's Anthony. I'm a 25 year old college graduate living in Philadelphia and currently applying to medical schools. I've actually just been offered my first couple of interviews so I thought I would create an account here for style advice/tips/information for interviewing, and also just to be more fashionable in general (I tend to just wear t-shirts and shorts a lot). Thanks in advance for any help I'll get from here!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads