• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interested in critiquing my first MTM suits?

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry these shots aren't great. Not a whole lot of detail, but you should be able to get an idea about the fit.

navy glen check
img_1079.jpg

img_1078.jpg

img_1080.jpg

chalk stripe gray (even though it looks about the same in this light)
img_1084.jpg

img_1083.jpg

Rada

Reaction score
I like the fit of the jacket I just think the sleeves are a BIT too short... as well as the pants. But I love the lining and the overall vibe I'm getting from you in this suit. Good job
smile.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fits you well, congrats.

minervau

Reaction score
Beautiful suits. Only thing I would do differently is move the buttoning point down maybe an inch or so, but that's my personal preference.

Who's the maker of these suits?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

KILLING IT!

You have a lot of natural style, man. Nice work. I don't think pants are too short at all. I might have done a 2-inch cuff, but to each his own.

Well done!

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say its perfect. Personal taste would dictate a little more waist suppression, but I like the length of the trousers. I like a touch of break when standing up, because most of the time I meet people, I'll stand up. When I'm behind a desk people can't see my feet anyway!

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ilvwhtgrls
I feel the pants are a little short.

+1. Everything else look pretty good though.

Although, do you (w.o.e.is.me.) have quite short legs? I'm not sure whether it's just the camera angle or not. If not then possibly a slightly shorter jacket would look better; it would make you look taller.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
They look fantastic and you wear them well

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I intentionally asked for no break. I kind of like them like that.
It might be a good idea to add a little more waist suppression to the 2nd suit though.

and yeah, I do kind of have short legs. I'm a short man all-over, in general. haha.

The suits were made by Astor & Black.
I know they've gotten a lot of flack on this forum, so I wanted people to judge them on their own merits.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great w.o.e.is.me.! I would have opted for cuffs, but that's being really picky. Congrats!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like everything about them except the length of the pants. They seem a little short to my eye.

But then Luciano Barbera was quoted as saying that "Americans wear their pants too long, Europeans wear their pants too short , so I like to wear mine Atlantic - in the middle"

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perosnal taste, I think the quarters are too open.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit -- looks great. I agree with others -- pants are too short and I would have done cuffs.

Twotone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads