• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

thexfactor

Reaction score
should i ask for a remake?
i think some of the wrinkles were caused from being shipped. I haven't ironed naything yet.

what other changes should i make.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thexfactor
How does it fit? This is my first Indochino Suit.
I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the suit. It feels really light and cheap.
I think my jacket is 1/2 inch short?

Is it wrinkled out of the box? Hang it in near the shower first.

Shorten sleeves, lengthen jacket.

essej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
Haha, don't you mean the flippy-floppy, juice-under-da-futon, broom-ain't-getting-no-use award?
facepalm.gif

Return the suit and get a girlfriend that cleans and has a taste in shoes so she can help you out.

exact thoughts. Shoes are awful. Suit looks good enough. Shorten sleeves.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the navy linen in today and they definitely got a lot closer on the first attempt than last my first go 'round. The jacket is a too short by an inch or so, sleeves a half-inch too long, there are some small problem spots in the shoulders, and I'm thinking I might need the chest taken in a bit.

I will let my tailor sort as much of that out as possible but I'm already guessing i'll request a remake on the jacket and when I do I'm going to talk to their customer service (Angie) about having them not line the inside of the pocket flap with the same light beige lining I requested for the inside-- you can see it in the pics. So beware of that if you buy this suit.

Overall I like the suit. Don't think this is some super-light beachwear, though; it's a heavier fabric because of the cotton/linen blend and on a hot day I'm not sure it would be that much lighter than a thin wool.

I think the trick to IC is patience, because at the price point it's unbeatable for a hard-to-fit (read: small guy) size but because the QC is shakey, you do take your chances and need to give it time.

Excuse the large photos but I thought you'd want some detail. Button is slippin' in the first one
smile.gif

i5cb55.jpg
19173d.jpg
2agln2w.jpg

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
camel%2Blinen1.jpg

Got my Camel Linen today - I like the fit, no QC problems. Sorry, the suit is right out of the box so rather wrinkly.

That's a pretty darned good fit for right out of the box. I haven't read this thread in its entirety, so I don't know if this is your first order or not. If it is, then I must say you have done well. I have a few minor nitpicks, but they are quite minor.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jcmeyer: You are right to request a remake on that jacket. It does not fit you. It is more than an incj too short, to the point where it is almost comically so. And the button stance is too high. It almost looks as if you bought OTR one size too small, which is a common mistake among GQ readers trying to emulate a "tailored" look without the use of an actual tailor. That's not a look you want yours mistaken for.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
That's a pretty darned good fit for right out of the box. I haven't read this thread in its entirety, so I don't know if this is your first order or not. If it is, then I must say you have done well. I have a few minor nitpicks, but they are quite minor.

It's my 5th one, have of course tweaked several measurements over time but luckily my suits come out consistently well. What would be your nitpicks, I'm interested!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jcmeyer: You are right to request a remake on that jacket. It does not fit you. It is more than an incj too short, to the point where it is almost comically so. And the button stance is too high. It almost looks as if you bought OTR one size too small, which is a common mistake among GQ readers trying to emulate a "tailored" look without the use of an actual tailor. That's not a look you want yours mistaken for.

This is why I am so scared of online MTM suits. Shirts I'm fine with because they are cheaper and far less complex, but suits... I don't have the balls for it.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's my 5th one, have of course tweaked several measurements over time but luckily my suits come out consistently well. What would be your nitpicks, I'm interested!

Inseam looks a little short (unless you're just hung like a donkey or something, in which case, congrats on your success). Sleeves could use a bit more tapering to them, especially at the wrists, but I don't know if that's possible with IC.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Inseam looks a little short (unless you're just hung like a donkey or something, in which case, congrats on your success). Sleeves could use a bit more tapering to them, especially at the wrists, but I don't know if that's possible with IC.

The inseam is indeed a bit short but that is partly due to my shape (short legs and long upper body). I like to wear suit pants rather high so my legs don't seem too short and also I indeed hate it if the pants show the outline of *********. Agree about the sleeves at the wrist - they are a bit too wide, at least it looks like that on the photo. Have to check on the suit, perhaps I let a tailor take care of that. Thanks for mentioning it!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The inseam is indeed a bit short but that is partly due to my shape (short legs and long upper body). I like to wear suit pants rather high so my legs don't seem too short and also I indeed hate it if the pants show the outline of *********. Agree about the sleeves at the wrist - they are a bit too wide, at least it looks like that on the photo. Have to check on the suit, perhaps I let a tailor take care of that. Thanks for mentioning it!

Yeqh, I figured as much. That said, a short inseam only exaggerates the shortness of your legs, IMO, and looks a little sloppy. Not knowing the length or girth of *********** (and there are some things I just don't want to know, so let's leave it at that), I don't know how much more "room" you have with your inseam there. But taking it up an inch or so might actually do you some good.

I have the opposite problem you do: I have long legs and a short torso. Between our two body types, I think yours is slightly less problematic to fit easily. So at least you're lucky there.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Yeqh, I figured as much. That said, a short inseam only exaggerates the shortness of your legs, IMO, and looks a little sloppy. Not knowing the length or girth of *********** (and there are some things I just don't want to know, so let's leave it at that), I don't know how much more "room" you have with your inseam there. But taking it up an inch or so might actually do you some good.

I have the opposite problem you do: I have long legs and a short torso. Between our two body types, I think yours is slightly less problematic to fit easily. So at least you're lucky there.

I had a longer inseam for previous suits and it just looked and felt too tight - so I settled for this. Perhaps I have to adjust a bit further and see how much I could enlarge it without feeling too restricted....still happy with the suit overall!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads