1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

In need of a good tie brand

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by laxexquis, May 26, 2009.

1. laxexquis

laxexquis Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm am looking for a manufacturer of silk ties that has a huge variety of serious and professional patterns I am a criminal defense attorney). I would like them to be $100 or under.

I understand that I will most likely have to buy solid ties somewhere else, butit would be nice if this tie company also offered solid ties.

Thanks for your help,
    John

2. unjung

unjung Senior member

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

if you are looking for 100 and under i would go for kiton, borrelli, isaia 7fold, or brioni.

4. glowell222

glowell222 Senior member

I think Brooks Brothers might be a good place to get started.

5. laxexquis

Thanks for your help do far.

Additionally, I would love to have all these ties from the same brand, (I know, a little crazy) but I like having things like that.

John

6. laxexquis

7. Augustus Davies

Augustus Davies Senior member

8. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

If you aren't in a hurry, check out Sam Hober.

9. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

10. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

11. innesfry

innesfry Member

12. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

laxexquis,
    Or www.fourinhand.com
    If you need ties that are ready-made, available to order today, under $100, a very good selection, very good quality with wonderful service I would pick fourinhand.com without hesitation. I have heard nothing but good things about Jonathan for years and I recently saw a website that he started where he must have spent hours photographing different ties with different colored shirts. I do not know the URL but you can email him. The site that you linked to looks brand new with ties most likely sourced from China. Fourinhand.com has their ties made or purchased in Italy and he has a good eye for classics and he has solids. If you do not mind waiting for your ties we make custom made ties for under a $100. Once we make a pattern that you like in terms of shape, length, width etc.. we keep your pattern on hand for future orders. We have hundreds of classic silks including many solids. Augustus Davies & doublebucklemonk, Thank you for your kind words. In a few more months our wait time should be much smaller.

13. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

14. laxexquis

laxexquis,

If you need ties that are ready-made, available to order today, under $100, a very good selection, very good quality with wonderful service I would pick fourinhand.com without hesitation.

I have heard nothing but good things about Jonathan for years and I recently saw a website that he started where he must have spent hours photographing different ties with different colored shirts. I do not know the URL but you can email him.

The site that you linked to looks brand new with ties most likely sourced from China. Fourinhand.com has their ties made or purchased in Italy and he has a good eye for classics and he has solids.

If you do not mind waiting for your ties we make custom made ties for under a $100. Once we make a pattern that you like in terms of shape, length, width etc.. we keep your pattern on hand for future orders.

We have hundreds of classic silks including many solids.

Augustus Davies & doublebucklemonk,

Thank you for your kind words. In a few more months our wait time should be much smaller.

Thank you for the info.

I defiantly can wait. I have all ties, suit shirts etc from Syms, and have been spending the last few weeks upgrading.

I like the idea of having all my ties made from the same manufacturer and also of having them bespoke.

I am planning on ordering 20 patterned ties in addition to a few solids.

You website is overwhelming (in a good way) with all of its choices.

Could you just give me a head start on what fabric to choose? I am a criminal defense attorney looking for 20 serious and professional looking ties.

Thanks for your help,
    John

15. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

16. pred02

pred02 Senior member

eBay is a good source of used and new ties, as are local discount stores such as Filenes Basement off 5th, etc.

Some of the top brands are: T&A, Zegna, Hermes, S. Ferragamo, RLPL, Brioni

Good luck!

17. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

I love my Charvet's the most.

18. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

If you can wear standard length ties, Brooks Bros, J Press, and O'Connell's are worth a look. Ralph Lauren is also good, but some of them are over $100.

I recently got my first from Sam Hober and I doubt I'll ever buy a RTW long tie again.

By the way, Mr. Hober, would you consider offering a range of "wedding tie" patterns? (This is one area where RL is notably strong, but I'd rather get one that fits!)

19. laxexquis

Is Grenadine business like?

Thanks
    John

20. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thank you for the info. I defiantly can wait. I have all ties, suit shirts etc from Syms, and have been spending the last few weeks upgrading. I like the idea of having all my ties made from the same manufacturer and also of having them bespoke. I am planning on ordering 20 patterned ties in addition to a few solids. You website is overwhelming (in a good way) with all of its choices. Could you just give me a head start on what fabric to choose? I am a criminal defense attorney looking for 20 serious and professional looking ties. Thanks for your help, John
    John, Feel free to email me for detailed help customerservice@samhober.com To start I would consider two types of ties: Very conservative ties that will blend into your suit, look good and not be noticed, for when you want your words to be noticed in court and not your clothes. Basic stripes, repeating patterns and pin dots etc in dark colors. And ties that are still conservative but with just a touch more color, for meetings and and occasionally in court. Grenadines could fit in here.