• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm sick of converse

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think that was where I found the pic. Pretty hard to search for.

Reaction score
Though I did find this beauty:
Adidas-Originals-Adicolor-Low-White-White-Intlem-large.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its kinda unfair to say you are sick of chucks. Its kinda like saying you are sick of jeans.

anyway, there are plenty of alternatives out there. but they all are chuck inspired. this is me:

waywt1.jpg

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I think that was where I found the pic. Pretty hard to search for.
I stopped by a Lacoste store and asked if they had it, the girl said no but a company called 'Pentland' makes all of their shoes. I should be able to take the Rene model number (11clm1025) and get the shoe from Pentland direct. I'm stuck here if anyone wants to investigate out how to order the damn shoes stateside further. http://www.pentland.com/brands_result.php?brandID=6 [Edit: Sent an email to the Pentland Lacoste email heh.]

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I stopped by a Lacoste store and asked if they had it, the girl said no but a company called 'Pentland' makes all of their shoes. I should be able to take the Rene model number (11clm1025) and get the shoe from Pentland direct. I'm stuck here if anyone wants to investigate out how to order the damn shoes stateside further. http://www.pentland.com/brands_result.php?brandID=6 [Edit: Sent an email to the Pentland Lacoste email heh.]
if we can find someone in the UK willing to give 'em a call we could figure out who would stock them stateside, right? anyone up for it? wait after checking the lacoste site for the Rene's and seeing who stocks in the US there's a number: 800-800-2206. Not sure if that's Lacostes number but it says to find a footwear retailer call P.B. Footwear USA, and that's the number listed along with a customer service number. The first number is in new york if anyone can give them a call. I'm really interested in a pair of those.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I think its kinda unfair to say you are sick of chucks. Its kinda like saying you are sick of jeans.

anyway, there are plenty of alternatives out there. but they all are chuck inspired. this is me:

I don't think that's remotely the same. Jeans encompass about 90% of the current generation's wear for everything from housework to semi-formal. Chuck's are just hipster uniform.

You can wear chelseas, chukkas, wingtips, any variety of sneakers that have nothing to do with Chucks like Mexico 66s, Nike, etc., etc....

I don't see why everyone likes Chucks so much because they are, in my limited experience, not that comfortable.

Although I live in Boston and canvas shoes there is basically crazy.

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I don't think that's remotely the same. Jeans encompass about 90% of the current generation's wear for everything from housework to semi-formal. Chuck's are just hipster uniform.

You can wear chelseas, chukkas, wingtips, any variety of sneakers that have nothing to do with Chucks like Mexico 66s, Nike, etc., etc....

I don't see why everyone likes Chucks so much because they are, in my limited experience, not that comfortable.

Although I live in Boston and canvas shoes there is basically crazy.

the reason why i don't like chucks is not because they're a fad/trend, much like my beloved vans are, it's that the commoner(yeah hey there it's nice up here on my podium) will wear them and i'd see them at the same time with mine on, and i'd feel a little less 'stylish' than previous. but atleast with my vans, i've noticed that it's more restricted, atleast from what i've seen, to those with atleast a somewhat developed sense of style. but then again, rarely do i ever get out of this god forbidden city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics