• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm looking for a dress shoe that satisfies the following criteria...

vincerich

Reaction score
If you have access to a JAB, they have 20% off of retail. I'm not sure if they deliver to where you are, but it doesn't hurt to check the website.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
If you have access to a JAB, they have 20% off of retail. I'm not sure if they deliver to where you are, but it doesn't hurt to check the website.
Thanks for the advice. They don't ship internationally, though. Well... I striked Allen Edmonds off my list, anyway. After closer inspection of some detailed pics, the Strands are not exactly what I'm looking for in terms of shape... Another good example of what I like are those Alfred Sargent Brownings. Sadly, they are "slightly" beyond my budget. I really love the narrow waist of the sole and the overall slimness of the shoe. The pictured pair was made on the AS19 last. They're also available made on the AS53 last, which is a square toe and the AS48 last, which is a soft square toe. All of them - according to their customer service - fit the same way, so the fit is constant and only differs in the toe shape... Price:£640 Material:Burnished Calf Available Colours:Customers Choice Last Styles:AS19, AS48, AS53 Fittings:E, F, G Size Range:6 - 13 Sole Type:Oak Bark Leather Fiddleback
DSC_0163-500x332.jpg
DSC_0166-500x332.jpg
A53
Browning1.jpg
Browning4.jpg
Browning7.jpg

vincerich

Reaction score
Look up the Allen Edmonds Soho in cognac. It can be found on sites like amazon, ebay and other online circuits.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
I love Ludwig Reiter shoes !

I'd buy the pictured pair unhesitatingly for a reasonable price:

lr1q.jpg

Unfortunately, I've never seen LR shoes on sale somewhere so far...

Normalerweise hat LR immer abverkaufposten in den shops, egal

ruf doch mal im outlet an:

Gmunden: +43-7612-62171, [email protected]

bzw. im flagship store Dreimäderlhaus:

+43 1-533 420 422, [email protected]

toi, toi, toi

CitizenM

Reaction score
hello Tee,

have been looking for a similar shoe and went for an allen edmonds. that I bought online. I was dissapointed when it arrived as they where so much more chunky than on the pictures. But I still waer them once a week. It is a par of really comfortable shoes.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
Look up the Allen Edmonds Soho in cognac. It can be found on sites like amazon, ebay and other online circuits.

No offense, but it beats me how you can recommend SOHOS after I explained what I'm looking for and posted pics of different shoes I like. Do you secretly work for AE or something ?

EDIT //

Oops ! You're banned !?
confused.gif
Nevermind...

Originally Posted by fritzl
Normalerweise hat LR immer abverkaufposten in den shops, egal

ruf doch mal im outlet an:

Gmunden: +43-7612-62171, [email protected]

bzw. im flagship store Dreimäderlhaus:

+43 1-533 420 422, [email protected]

toi, toi, toi

Ich war bisher leider noch in keinen Ludwig Reiter Stores ( gibt's hier z.B in Düsseldorf und Köln ), sondern nur in Schuhfachgeschäften, die Ludwig Reiter führen. Die Auswahl war sehr überschaubar und Sonderposten wurden leider keine angeboten. Danke für den Tipp ! Ich werde mal ein Paar LR Modelle die mir gefallen herausssuchen, im Outlet anrufen und nachfragen, ob diese verfügbar sind...

Let me continue in English...

I spent several hours with browsing various forums, Pediwear etc. and the websites of the contemplable manufacturers yesterday and came to the decision that Barker, Loake, Grenson, Tricker's, Cheaney and Allen Edmonds are dismissed, because none of their shoes are entirely to my liking. The mentioned Italian manufacturers, on the other hand, such as Santoni, Scafora and Barrett, are either too hard to come by or too expensive. The same is true for Ludwig Reiter, unless their outlet store stocks one of the pairs I like and is willing to ship them to Germany. The Alfred Sargent shoes I like, such as the Moore and Browning, are all beyond my budget as well. Not to mention Gaziano & Girling, which make some of the most stunning dress shoes I've ever seen. It seems like I need to increase my budget strikingly if I want to find a shoe that satisfies me entirely...

Originally Posted by CitizenM
hello Tee,

have been looking for a similar shoe and went for an allen edmonds. that I bought online. I was dissapointed when it arrived as they where so much more chunky than on the pictures. But I still waer them once a week. It is a par of really comfortable shoes.

Which ones did you get ? The Strands ? Be that as it may, it confirms the fact that most AE shoes don't do it for me. Too chunky, too conservative, not sharp enough...

The problem is that I still don't have a real guideline, but only a pretty vague idea, when it comes to finding the perfect shoe for me. Either I like them, or I don't...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads