• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Despite the Marina ...
"As long as our Key Public Health Indicators remain stable or improve, we expect that starting November 3, we can expand capacity at businesses and activities that have already reopened, like indoor dining, indoor worship, and museums up to 50%," Breed said via Twitter.

Just like the republicans said, come election day those lyin' libs will be done with COVID. LOL if only.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Given that SF is not an island (despite what we might think and our elected reps assume), my fear is that reopening is the quickest way to get back into the red.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I’m definitely skeptical of the speed at which Bay Area counties are being allowed to lift restrictions.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah. I’m definitely skeptical of the speed at which Bay Area counties are being allowed to lift restrictions.
I didn't realize that this easing of restrictions includes indoor dining at 50% capacity. Surely government support of these businesses is smarter than this.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gregg Abbott disagrees. Full steam ahead on reopening!
Who can argue with such a genius as Gregg Abbott who has no obvious agenda.

I didn't realize that this easing of restrictions includes indoor dining at 50% capacity. Surely government support of these businesses is smarter than this.
Government support would be MUCH smarter. But Dems effed up not getting a gazillion dollars for state and local support in the first stimulus bills and by not every day attacking for the Fed for failing to offer no interest forgivable loans to state and local government. But Moscow Mitch has decided to let the world burn because that's his jam, so here we are with public health officials letting in-person dining resume and likely crossing their fingers and toes.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who can argue with such a genius as Gregg Abbott who has no obvious agenda.

Government support would be MUCH smarter. But Dems effed up not getting a gazillion dollars for state and local support in the first stimulus bills and by not every day attacking for the Fed for failing to offer no interest forgivable loans to state and local government. But Moscow Mitch has decided to let the world burn because that's his jam, so here we are with public health officials letting in-person dining resume and likely crossing their fingers and toes.
Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of support they were able to get in the first round. I was not at all surprised that Turtle Boy has blocked the extension of that support.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of support they were able to get in the first round. I was not at all surprised that Turtle Boy has blocked the extension of that support.
I agree, but the need for support for state and local governments should have been obvious after the Great Recession. Maybe next time!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, but the need for support for state and local governments should have been obvious after the Great Recession. Maybe next time!
GOP would never go for anything like that. Must seize every opportunity to shrink the government!

sfo423

Reaction score
The debate last night was truly sad that these two are the best we can do. Trump believes everything he says and Biden can't remember half the stuff he said ten minutes ago. Time for a (legit) third party to keep them (semi) honest and term limits.

Can't wait for the second week of NOV.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The debate last night was truly sad that these two are the best we can do. Trump believes everything he says and Biden can't remember half the stuff he said ten minutes ago. Time for a (legit) third party to keep them (semi) honest and term limits.

Can't wait for the second week of NOV.
Are you thinking that this will be over then? Because it won't be. A credible declaration of the winner likely won't come until the end of the month, then there will be the stress of what the fuckwit does during his ********* lame duck period if he loses. Don't forget the potential for electoral college fuckery from GOP-controlled states.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads