• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I think I hate San Francisco.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like to see an analysis of how many COVID deaths San Francisco “outsources” to surrounding counties because the essential workers who support the city can’t afford to live here.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Santa Cruz would take a hit because to a large degree we have become a bedroom community to Silicon Valley. Surprisingly the majority of our cases are homegrown and socio/economic. One case in the county yesterday, part of a downward trend. Fingers crossed

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I would like to see an analysis of how many COVID deaths San Francisco “outsources” to surrounding counties because the essential workers who support the city can’t afford to live here.
I've had the same thought, but the stats for the Bay Area as a whole have been pretty good.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
What is not special about SF and the Bay Area is that low income communities have borne the overwhelming brunt of it.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is not special about SF and the Bay Area is that low income communities have borne the overwhelming brunt of it.
That's blatant here. 67% of the cases are from Watsonville a heavily hispanic/farmworker community that makes up 17% of the total population.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Commercial real estate apocalypse
View attachment 1483463
The comments really embody the lived experience of SF public policy debates. And not just because they go on for ever and never reach any sensible conclusion.

Can they change office space --> housing?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are also zoning issue with people living in non-residential buildings. I’ve been saying to clients for years that they should be looking to change zoning to make it possible to convert vacant retail and office space to residential.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One planning advantage would presumably be fewer NIMBYs in areas that are primarily commercially zoned?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One planning advantage would presumably be fewer NIMBYs in areas that are primarily commercially zoned?
Oh, aren't you precious? A NIMBY's backyard expands to fill whatever space between himself and the proposed building.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped off my ballot at the polling station closest to my house. There was plenty of parking and if I had been voting in person there would have been no wait either. I guess that’s how you set it up if you actually want people to be able to exercise their right to vote?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fucking Marin privilege...

:)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios