• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I really don't understand my body, it measures 34-35, but I usually buy 32" jeans

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
what the xxxx??
so when it comes to buying online, I have my hesitation NOW

does anyone have the same problem?

if never think of the "slim" thing, I can actually wear 34" jeans maybe
BUT, it really can't hold up!
it seems I must use something to hang up the pants if it is 34"!!!!!

but when I wear 32" jeans, it just push up my fat upward, make me looks even fatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the more incoherent posts I’ve read here. That’s saying something.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I understand your post, your waist measures at 34-35" but you fit into jeans that are marked as a 32" waist. This is common. Have you measured the waist of your 32" jeans? I bet it will be 34-35".

Many manufacturers make their waists larger than the marked size, and in some cases considerably larger. This is sometimes called "vanity sizing". In order to buy online, it helps to know the jeans' actual waist measurement, and not all online retailers publish this.

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
this is what I mean
usually we buy waist size of line 4
and if we buy line 3, the difference from 3 and 4 for people with smaller belly I think would be 1-2 inch or even maybe 3 inch
difference between 2 and 3 maybe 3-4 inches

but actually it seems we should wear jeans or trousers waist of line 1 or 2
but, with size, we may need suspenders
what would be ur guys opinions?
9652733.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I think I understand. Maybe you’re referring to the “rise” of a trouser, or how high it’s meant to extend up your body. Low-rise trousers can be difficult to wear if you have a big belly. A higher rise trouser is usually more comfortable for most people. Picking the right trouser waist size also involves understanding where the trouser waist is intended to sit on your body.

MetricBolt

Reaction score
Many manufacturers make their waists larger than the marked size, and in some cases considerably larger. This is sometimes called "vanity sizing". In order to buy online, it helps to know the jeans' actual waist measurement, and not all online retailers publish this.
Thank you! I've just signed up researching this. I bought "my size" 32" jeans - they were very loose, yet 30" fitted perfect - I seriously thought Diesel had a mislabelled batch :oops:

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I think I understand. Maybe you’re referring to the “rise” of a trouser, or how high it’s meant to extend up your body. Low-rise trousers can be difficult to wear if you have a big belly. A higher rise trouser is usually more comfortable for most people. Picking the right trouser waist size also involves understanding where the trouser waist is intended to sit on your body.
And the problem for men with an ample mid-section is that jeans are generally cut with a very low rise--especially the high-end selvedge brands. Indeed unlike tailored trousers, jeans tend to look "wrong" up over the hip bones. At least to me.

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
And the problem for men with an ample mid-section is that jeans are generally cut with a very low rise--especially the high-end selvedge brands. Indeed unlike tailored trousers, jeans tend to look "wrong" up over the hip bones. At least to me.
actually I think it is not that rise thing
it is that "OUR" fat is so "movable"

Aboud

Reaction score
what the xxxx??
so when it comes to buying online, I have my hesitation NOW

does anyone have the same problem?

if never think of the "slim" thing, I can actually wear 34" jeans maybe
BUT, it really can't hold up!
it seems I must use something to hang up the pants if it is 34"!!!!!

but when I wear 32" jeans, it just push up my fat upward, make me looks even fatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use suspenders

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads