• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need an inexpensive chelsea boot

nino

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new here obviously and Im in the market for a brown chelsea boot, and I might add a black pair down the road. The inexpensive part is due to me being in college and not having much money. Im a tshirt/jeans/sneakers guy but Im looking to add some less casual clothing, mostly for going to bars and other social events. I figure Ill start with footwear and from reading up on the subject, a chelsea boot seems very versatile and would work well with jeans. Other than being brown I also need to find one in a size 14, or possibly 13 but most likely the former. (On a side note, is it still a chelsea boot if it has a zip up side, or are Chelsea boots strictly elastic-sided?)
What do you think of these Florsheim's?
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1018521/c/309.html

Im leaning towards a leather sole as I think its sleeker. What other brands/models should I look at?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the 50% off coupon?

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tyrwhitts or Chelsea boots, for that matter, fit true to size? I wear a 10.5 in most oxfords, etc., but sometimes an 11 in tennis shoes. What are these like?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Anyone know if the Tyrwhitts or Chelsea boots, for that matter, fit true to size? I wear a 10.5 in most oxfords, etc., but sometimes an 11 in tennis shoes. What are these like?
Order a 10US or 9.5UK.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
^^ Wow, they are that much bigger? Glad I didn't order the 11; I almost just went ahead and bought it earlier.....you are sure the 10 will fit? I wear a 10.5/11 perfectly in most shoes, but 10.5 is sometimes a little snug in certain brands. Can I definitely afford to go the half size more down in these?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Wow, they are that much bigger? Glad I didn't order the 11; I almost just went ahead and bought it earlier.....you are sure the 10 will fit? I wear a 10.5/11 perfectly in most shoes, but 10.5 is sometimes a little snug in certain brands. Can I definitely afford to go the half size more down in these?

The English use a different sizing system. The conversion is to drop a size or half size from your American size, depending on the brand. For Tyrwhitt/Loake, you drop a size. So you get a 9.5UK or 10UK.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
^^ Right, I know that they use a different sizing system. You can order them in U.S. sizes off of their site. I am wondering how small I should go considering that J says they fit very large.....I would hate to have them too tight.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wear a US 10.5 or 11, and the "US 11" (10.5UK) is quite large. Keep in mind these are a slightly wide fitting which the CT guys say is a little wider than the usual US D fitting.

A EG 202 10UK fits me perfectly BTW.

Enough abbv's 4 U?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Right, I know that they use a different sizing system. You can order them in U.S. sizes off of their site. I am wondering how small I should go considering that J says they fit very large.....I would hate to have them too tight.
Then again if you are really unsure, you could always order both and return one. I think they include a postage paid return label.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
From the CT site:
"Black for the City, Brown for the country", shout the die-hard conservatives. With these you'll look good anywhere, anytime.
laugh.gif

nino

Reaction score
Wow those Tyrwhitt's look great, and they come in larger sizes too. Does anyone who owns a pair have some pictures handy that they could post, other than the one on the CT website. I'm curious as to the shade of brown they are and if they will match my new belt.
tounge.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nino
Wow those Tyrwhitt's look great, and they come in larger sizes too. Does anyone who owns a pair have some pictures handy that they could post, other than the one on the CT website. I'm curious as to the shade of brown they are and if they will match my new belt.
tounge.gif

When they come, they look exactly like on the site. Kind of dull and medium reddish brown. They will take a lot of polish when you first get them.

Check here and the threads linked herein for more info and pics of the boots post-antiquing:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12341

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads