• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have no... style...

royal618

Reaction score
Oh god.. the label on the sleeve. Why oh why do people do this? I don't care if it's Gucci.. actually if it's a Gucci suit and you leave the label on, you're a label whore with no understanding of quality or true style.

Arghhh.

MustangMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
At least he's showing cuff!

However, I'm not too much a fan of your hair though. Hair wet with gel and styled into a fauxhawk/flat top with front spikes/spikes combo of some kind just says "average single jackass".

k, I'm liking this constructive criticism
smile.gif
What direction do I need to go with the hair?

Originally Posted by Dragon
At least it seems like you`re reading the forums! Label remaining on sleeve, all buttons are buttoned on suit, suit jacket with jeans, flimsy shirt.

It`s hard to tell exactly though...please post some more pictures so we can give more advise. (by the way, the suit jacket fits you very nicely though)

Don't laugh at me. It's rude. It was an attempt, as stated. I will post more pics! Criticism taken positively.

Originally Posted by royal618
\tOh god.. the label on the sleeve. Why oh why do people do this? I don't care if it's Gucci.. actually if it's a Gucci suit and you leave the label on, you're a label whore with no understanding of quality or true style.

Arghhh.

smile.gif
Didn't realize the label was such a big no-no! That's why I'm here
crackup[1].gif

I do appreciate all the feedback!!! Keep it coming!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Really the key to know how to advise you is knowing your price range. There are folks on here who consider $800.00 shoes to be not even worth tying and who freely spend $200.00 on ties. There are also folks (most of whom are like me shamed into relative silence)
What are you talking about man? We're the most niggardly bunch of sale shoppers this side of Del Boca Vista!

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
At 21, what are you looking for in terms of style? (who do you see that you think has great style?) If you are simply looking for daily college attire, check the streetwear forum for some great ideas. If you are going into your first job and looking for office appropiate wear, then giving us an idea of what you will be doing and what clothing requirements there are would help generate ideas for you. Things like single breasted navy suits, brown and black captoe shoes are items that never go out of style and you can pretty much wear in any professional environment. Also, telling us your budget is a good idea.

Lastly, pay no mind to the posters who act like they were born in Kiton suits or Sugarcane jeans. Getting your style and the appropriate clothing is a journey that will take time.

Well said.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Ill forgive you for the baseball cap (others may not be so kind) but please stop wearing it twisted at 45 degrees.

MustangMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
At 21, what are you looking for in terms of style? (who do you see that you think has great style?) If you are simply looking for daily college attire, check the streetwear forum for some great ideas. If you are going into your first job and looking for office appropiate wear, then giving us an idea of what you will be doing and what clothing requirements there are would help generate ideas for you. Things like single breasted navy suits, brown and black captoe shoes are items that never go out of style and you can pretty much wear in any professional environment. Also, telling us your budget is a good idea. Lastly, pay no mind to the posters who act like they were born in Kiton suits or Sugarcane jeans. Getting your style and the appropriate clothing is a journey that will take time.
I'm usually in a professional atmosphere... there is no budget. I own my own graphic design firm, so I'm constantly meeting new clients and want to look nice doing so.
Originally Posted by m@T
Ill forgive you for the baseball cap (others may not be so kind) but please stop wearing it twisted at 45 degrees.
That was my ghetto myspace picture...
smile.gif
Was meant to be funny
biggrin.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I agree with what's said so far.

No offence, but it should be common sense not to still have tags on things. As my friend used to joke in Environmental Science back in 11th grade, "Are they going to return that stuff tomorrow?"

The jacket actually works on you. You've got the sleeve length down perfect, so make sure your other jackets hit at your wristbone like that. If it's a casual jacket that you'll wear with jeans more often than not, I'll have to say it doesn't matter so much as long as the sleeves aren't too short. (Other members may disagree with me there.) Your shirt sleeves are coming out a little too much though. You should have the buttons resewn so they fit snug around your wrist with just enough comfort room. The ideal amount of shirt cuff to show is 1/4-1/2 an inch. A picture of the pants that go with that jacket would be good, so we can advise on them.

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
You are recommending that he frame his periodic table of elements?
if you hang it, frame it.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
if you hang it, frame it.

could not agree more. I think that's the critical distinction between one's student years and one's adult life. Why else are you handed that piece of paper on that stage at graduation? "Here, frame this."

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Mike - I would also go pinstripes, I think you have the look to wear a lot of colored shirts.

Ed Appleby - my apologies, I was exaggerating a little in an attempt to be more encouraging. Actually, the most valuable piece of advice I've learned on here has been where to find bargains.
That said, all my dress socks, belts, and ties come from TJ Maxx. Yes, I am that cheap. They look great on my ebay-purchased Oxxford and Zegna suits!

MustangMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I agree with what's said so far.

No offence, but it should be common sense not to still have tags on things. As my friend used to joke in Environmental Science back in 11th grade, "Are they going to return that stuff tomorrow?"

The jacket actually works on you. You've got the sleeve length down perfect, so make sure your other jackets hit at your wristbone like that. If it's a casual jacket that you'll wear with jeans more often than not, I'll have to say it doesn't matter so much as long as the sleeves aren't too short. (Other members may disagree with me there.) Your shirt sleeves are coming out a little too much though. You should have the buttons resewn so they fit snug around your wrist with just enough comfort room. The ideal amount of shirt cuff to show is 1/4-1/2 an inch. A picture of the pants that go with that jacket would be good, so we can advise on them.

Like I said in my previous post, I didn't realize it was supposed to come off. I thought it was supposed to stay on... hell, it's sewn on there!
laugh.gif
Thanks very much for the useful advice! And there are no pants with the jacket, it was purchased from a men's catalog as a sport coat.

Originally Posted by flmountainman
Mike - I would also go pinstripes, I think you have the look to wear a lot of colored shirts.

Thanks again for the useful advice
smile.gif
I have quite a few flimsy pinstriped shirts...
lol8[1].gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
could not agree more. I think that's the critical distinction between one's student years and one's adult life. Why else are you handed that piece of paper on that stage at graduation? "Here, frame this."

****! Five years in the Ivy League and I missed the whole point of that piece of paper.
angry.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MustangMike
there is no budget.

Ummm, thats one of the last things that you want to say on this board.

This place is full of 1000 dollar shoes, 3000 dollar suit and 450 dollar shirts

You dont know what you are getting into

K

MustangMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Ummm, thats one of the last things that you want to say on this board.

This place is full of 1000 dollar shoes, 3000 dollar suit and 450 dollar shirts

You dont know what you are getting into

K

I didn't stutter. I've read around...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads