• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have issues with writing.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I have tried walking my cat, they freak out too much though. Last time I tried walking my roommate's cat and things were going fine but then he saw another cat and leaped off the balcony, suspended in mid air by his tangled harness. When I went to pick him up he bit straight through my hand. Luckily it didn't get infected and I didn't have to go to the hospital.
Interesting. I'd get a small non-dog pet just to walk it. Perhaps a silly armadillo.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, my cat has gotten pretty fat so I am going to have to think of new ways to exercise him. I tried putting the harness on but he jumps around like a bucking bronco, though he has no qualms with wearing a necktie. Go figure. I'd like to take him to a safe backyard and force him to move around some more.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I suggest a laser pointer. Most cats will chase the dot around for hours, including jumping up the wall to try to catch it, etc. It's pretty entertaining.

Try not to blind kitty though.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried walking my cat, they freak out too much though.

I've only seen someone walk a cat once. I was at a little restaurant somewhere around the Bodensee, ca. 1995. An eccentric gentleman in a tweed suit stepped out of his vintage Citroën H-Van...and had a scrawny cat on a harness. One of the most surreal things I've ever seen, I think.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Like small children, I don't care much for small animals, whether dead, alive, or half-dead.

Tangentially, why do people walk dogs but never cats?

Lots of reasons. Dogs enjoy the company and the exercise. Cats dont like having decisions made for them and they dont like being restrained. A dog will bring you the leash and happily suggest a walk. I think for most cats, if they knew they were about to be leashed, you would have a fight on your hands.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
I've only seen someone walk a cat once. I was at a little restaurant somewhere around the Bodensee, ca. 1995. An eccentric gentleman in a tweed suit stepped out of his vintage Citroën H-Van...and had a scrawny cat on a harness. One of the most surreal things I've ever seen, I think.

Originally Posted by j
I suggest a laser pointer. Most cats will chase the dot around for hours, including jumping up the wall to try to catch it, etc. It's pretty entertaining.

Try not to blind kitty though.

My cat is 10. He will chase it once, then he is spent. He will just stay in the crouching position for 10 min and then make his move. Afterwards, he just ignores it. I may build him a jungle gym of sorts in the apartment. He and the other cat might enjoy chasing each other on it.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Lots of reasons. Dogs enjoy the company and the exercise. Cats dont like having decisions made for them and they dont like being restrained. A dog will bring you the leash and happily suggest a walk. I think for most cats, if they knew they were about to be leashed, you would have a fight on your hands.

Cats are like women......

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Cats are like women......

There is a sort of feminine quality to cats. Although we had a big fat scarred up old tom cat who was a brutish pig. Kind of like Eliots Growltiger.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am allergic to cats but would really love to own a sphynx cat. They are know to have hypoallergenic qualities so I'm hopeful that it will be possible for me to get one eventually.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I wonder if a rabbit is receptive to walks. They do seem to like to hop around a lot.
Negative, they freak out more than cats when spooked. I have seen them walked in people's yards though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics