• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
58234883.jpg

Time for a wash or keep wearing? I can't remember how long I have had these.. 1 year... 2 year... I dunno, they were worn for a while washed then sat in my closet. Now they are my main jean I wear. I'm worried I might loose a bit of the dark contrast if I wash.

Sean9

Reaction score
people get so dumb about washing (or should i say not washing) jeans. if they're dirty wash or soak them, it's not a big deal. any decent pair of jeans (this includes apc) has PLENTY of indigo to withstand a good couple washes. there are even some people in the evo of jeans thread who washed once every few weeks and got awesome fades. just turn them inside out, cold wash, hang dry. everything will be just the same as you left them...i promise.

Last edited:

MrSomebody

Reaction score
Im looking for a pair of raw slim-straight denim with a medium to high rise. Hopefully with a leg opening of <8 and a front rise of >10.5-11. Don't really care much for jeans that taper either. I can spend ~300$ on it, excluding some of the higher range things. Thanks for any suggestions y'all have!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a natural 30 in waist and looking for some slim yet not skinny pairs of rich deep indigo jeans without branding.
I do not want to spend more than $175/135€ a piece.
What brands/styles should I look out for besides APC NS?

I do posses a pair of W26 APC NS from when I weighed less and it is way too tight in waist, crotch and thight, still I do not want considerably more space around knee, shin and at the leg opening.

Last edited:

Astronaut888

Reaction score

I am a natural 30 in waist and looking for some slim yet not skinny pairs of rich deep indigo jeans without branding.
I do not want to spend more than $175/135€ a piece.
What brands/styles should I look out for besides APC NS?
I do posses a pair of W26 APC NS from when I weighed less and it is way too tight in waist, crotch and thight, still I do not want considerably more space around knee, shin and at the leg opening.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2181

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone who can provide a source for selvedge denim in a 42" waist that would be awesome. I do know of the Tellason brand via Filson, and I just don't like the belt loop in the back made from tin cloth. Oh and if the were hemmed at 30" instead of 36 or 38 that would be a real find.

Thanks,

David-

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Im looking for a pair of raw slim-straight denim with a medium to high rise. Hopefully with a leg opening of <8 and a front rise of >10.5-11. Don't really care much for jeans that taper either. I can spend ~300$ on it, excluding some of the higher range things. Thanks for any suggestions y'all have!

You narrowed it down to about 50 pairs of jeans. Try taking a look at the affiliates listed on the right (Blueowl, Selfedge, Brigade, Blue in Green, etc.) and get an idea of what looks good to you.

these would look cool after they had the absolute **** beat out of them...
http://www.clothingbrigade.com/products/hartford-denim-hd-x-brigade-jeans
unfortunately I don't have the time...

Nothing novel about these. Same duck Rogue Territory put out, then Roy, then Tellason, and now this. My pair has worn in nicely but the problem with duck is that they pick up stains much more easily than denim.

Hello,

Anyone who can provide a source for selvedge denim in a 42" waist that would be awesome. I do know of the Tellason brand via Filson, and I just don't like the belt loop in the back made from tin cloth. Oh and if the were hemmed at 30" instead of 36 or 38 that would be a real find.

Thanks,

David-

42" waist means you'll need to go the made-to-measure route ala something like Jack Knife if you don't like Filson's jeans. You're also going to have to have them hemmed like you would trousers, there IS no alternative at this range.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Ironheart and Samurai (and IIRC some others) do cuts with waist sizes up to size 44 and 46. So no need for made-to-measure per se

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Ironheart and Samurai (and IIRC some others) do cuts with waist sizes up to size 44 and 46. So no need for made-to-measure per se

Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I mentioned Jack Knife because their prices would be in line with the pair of Filsons he was looking at.

do you guys turn your raw jeans inside out when you initially soak them to shrink?

Yes.

Velazkez

Reaction score
Posted this in the quick questions thread. No answers. Maybe here?

I picked up 3sixteen sl-100x for my first pair of nice jeans. I'm pretty happy with them, but if I'm honest the rear rise/seat of the pants is a little too full and baggy(I can move the rear of the waist up an inch above where I wear it). I'm wearing a size 34 (knee 9.1, opening 8.2, rise 11.7), and I don't think I can really afford to go any slimmer at the thigh, knee or opening -- I'm just too tall (I also chose these jeans because of the 37inseam).

So, can jeans be altered in the rear rise? Seems unlikely. So can anyone recommend jeans with a similar front rise and knee, but a shorter back rise? Basically, I have no ass, but I do have thighs and calves.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could dart them but there's like a 90% chance the tailor won't know how to do that. Apparently there are tailors who specialize in denim, might be worth it if you like them otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads