• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score

I know FW23 hasn't even been teased yet but this post from 11 weeks ago is supposedly showing some stuff from SS24. Looks like they're doing denim jackets and flared jeans in a washed black/very dark blue (picture looks filtered so can't tell exactly). Also some white loafers and polka dot shirts(?) on the rack behind him. I believe this guy is a buyer/store owner in Japan - they carry a lot of complementary brands but I don't see anything from Husbands posted just yet:

Looks like the same flared cut and wash, will be picking these up for sure.

SolomonMarlow

Reaction score
As a man of average height and weight (5'9" and 170 pounds, relatively narrow shoulders fwiw), would the Husbands cut be at all flattering for me? I really really love their work, but I'm worried that it's mostly designed for 6'0" very thin men.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
your height is definitely fine, I'm 5'6 7/8th round up to 5'7"..., weight don't know, their stuff to run narrow. If stuff like Saint Laurent/Celine works for you this definitely would, if not, then not 100% sure

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a man of average height and weight (5'9" and 170 pounds, relatively narrow shoulders fwiw), would the Husbands cut be at all flattering for me? I really really love their work, but I'm worried that it's mostly designed for 6'0" very thin men.
narrow shoulders are definitely helpful for Husbands. To me that's the limiting factor for this brand.

Ideally I'd recommend trying on in person in Paris but of course that's not a convenient option for most people who live in NA. You could try SSENSE or Matches (limited/no stock right now but they'll probably be getting their SS24 stock in soon).

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Clearing out some stuff in preparation for the new collection - Gray wool twill suit, a pair of slim-straight light wash jeans and some belts. Can provide discounts for anyone in this thread who is interested.

Also going to join the club of being frustrated with their low stock. I was very pleasantly surprised by their new flared washed denim only to be disappointed by the fact that they didn't have my size available in either wash. I assume people who can shop in person get first dibs on everything, since as soon as the drop went live my size was already sold out. Hopefully Matches, SSENSE or one of the Japanese stores carry them.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Clearing out some stuff in preparation for the new collection - Gray wool twill suit, a pair of slim-straight light wash jeans and some belts. Can provide discounts for anyone in this thread who is interested.

Also going to join the club of being frustrated with their low stock. I was very pleasantly surprised by their new flared washed denim only to be disappointed by the fact that they didn't have my size available in either wash. I assume people who can shop in person get first dibs on everything, since as soon as the drop went live my size was already sold out. Hopefully Matches, SSENSE or one of the Japanese stores carry them.
First couple drops are up on SSENSE now so luckily copped the jeans in my size. Will post photos when they arrive.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They even got a black denim trucker too, that got to be a hard sale, so many speciality guys does that kind of type III denim jacket

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad idea for brand to do more than just one thing (else NMWA would never survive if it try to stay CM only), it's just I think a type 3 denim jacket is a hard sell at that px point given the alternatives

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad idea for brand to do more than just one thing (else NMWA would never survive if it try to stay CM only), it's just I think a type 3 denim jacket is a hard sell at that px point given the alternatives
I'd argue that NMWA is a curation brand and Husbands is a creator brand. The dynamics are different.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they're definitely different but I just can't remember the last time anyone stay CM but from a fashion angle (this kind is) and not branch/evolve in some way

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're definitely different but I just can't remember the last time anyone stay CM but from a fashion angle (this kind is) and not branch/evolve in some way
I hear you and agree. It just seems like a big leap.

It would be great for them to offer more suiting. I am looking for a summer suit - maybe linen. I'm probably going to go with a green linen suit from Percival.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt