• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss Polo Shirts

Crockett

Reaction score
I am considering buying some of the Hugo Boss polos that are on Ebay. Has anyone dealt with any of the major sellers of these shirts? Is the quality good, or should I buy another brand?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two, a pink and a green. I think the quality is good - I like the fabric. It's a soft pique. The fit is kind of short, so good if you will be leaving them untucked.

Crockett

Reaction score
I ordered one of the pique polo shirts and it shipped to my house two days ago. I am suspect of its authenticity though. First off, when I looked to find out where it is made, it is not listed anywhere. Upon further inspection, towards the bottom of the shirt where the care instructions are, it seems that there was another tag that might have been cut off. There are remnants of something there. Also, this new shirt that was sealed in the bag (I know, it easily could have been resealed) had a little stain on the front.

Anyway, before I contact this seller or give him negative feedback, I have a question for someone that owns one of these shirts: Where on the shirt does it say where it is made?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The origin of all Hugo Boss shirts are either listed in the tag that is centered below the collar or on a smaller tag off to the right (which also contains the size). At least I've never seen a genuine HB shirt that didn't follow this pattern.

As a tip for the future:

* American Boss is generally made in the USA
* Canada, Middle East and Europe is generally made somewhere in Europe
* Boss sold in Australia is usually made in Australia.

That's why you often see differences in fabric and cut between a Boss suit sold in Canada and one in the U.S.

Crockett

Reaction score
The seller swears that the shirt is authentic, now she is just saying that the shirt was used. This is interesting, because it was listed as a NWT sale that was sealed in a Hugo Boss bag. Stay away from "Tullyfields" if you can.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Boss polos (authentic) have a black "Made in Thailand" label next to the black Boss label on the neck.
Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics