• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss is crapola

bing

Reaction score
I'm wearing my Hugo Boss mistake suit right now and i feel dirty in it.

SF is making me hate it more than i already did though...

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jumpinjeffd
+1.....I have several Boss Selection suits and several of the Nordstrom line.....they are nice and fit in with my wardrobe of Zegna, Canali, BB and Brioni. It all depends on how the fit of the suit is and how you rock it as I tend to go with the pocket squares, striking ties, and kick ass shoes as I like the accessories. Buying a Boss suit over Brioni will allow someone to build a wardrobe and accesssories and not be stuck with something that will fall apart after one season.

??? Suggesting Boss are a sturdier and better build than Brioni ???
Im confused
eh.gif

tone76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
+1. For the most part, both Bose & Boss are overpriced crap.
With some accents, 'Boss' and 'Bose' sound remarkably similar. Co-incidence? Meanwhile, back on topic. Just to add another opinion ... I bought a couple of cheap-ass beater suits (100% wool, don't panic!) just before I discovered SF, and I took the trousers into my local dry cleaner + alterations shop to be hemmed. Whilst discussing suits, the seamstress there told me to avoid Hugo Boss suits like the plague as she gets many of them coming in a few months after purchase that need repair.
redface.gif
I'm guessing she'd know what she's on about. The worst part is that HB suits in this part of the world start from around $1,200. If on sale, you MIGHT get change out of $1k. I did mention Boss and brand whoring in my previous post, so there you go.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
I have an Oxxford suit and one Hugo Boss. I like the Oxxford better, but the Boss is adequate. It was overpriced, but it works. I will know better next time.

007deal

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been looking around for best prices on designer suits, and found couple (may be there are more around) of Asian online retailers, specialize in selling brand name designer suits, like Hugo Boss, Armani, etc.

The suits on offer are priced incredibly low! Boss and all other brands suits for $230 or less!! (from SRP $1400!!). I am tempted to make an order for few suits from them, but seriously concerned about the 'genuine' article!
uhoh.gif

I asked them about this, and they confirmed that all the suits are indeed made in Italy, and OEM in respect of each brand - yet they only carry (R) Regular sizes, no Long (which may be problem for me).

I've emailed Hugo Boss, Armani, as well as others, to ask about the authenticity of those suits/ retailers....got no reply!

Wonder if you guys had any experience with these Hong Kong or other Asian retailers of men's brand name suits.

Here are the 2 sites:

suits-style.com

suit-latest.com

Appreciate the help/feed back.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
How did Hugo Boss become THE coveted suit brand for young men who know nothing about suits? It's effing marketing genius.

Marketing and brand appeal, that's how. You're right: it only appeals to young guys who know SBSOLUTELY NOTHING about suits.

jumpinjeffd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
??? Suggesting Boss are a sturdier and better build than Brioni ???
Im confused
eh.gif

I could never compare the two with all sincerity. I am merely saying that I do indeed enjoy my Boss suits but do realize that they have a shelf life....unlike the Brioni which I can wear forever. Yet, I still wear them as I happen to think that my tailor did a great job and the suits look amazing on me. With that said I still have a feeling of invincibility when I toss on the Brioni as the softness of the fabric and the construction of the suit does indeed melt onto my frame.

I guess my point is that for me, a 32 year old professional, a properly worn suit looks better than the huddled masses be it a Brioni or a Boss suit.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 007deal
Are U referring to my post!!!

If U are, where do you see spam!!! This is a genuine article question...amigo!!

If you have a genuine question, ask it where appropriate. This thread is about HB bashing and you are asking where to buy the stuff and posting links to Asian sellers?

eh.gif

007deal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
If you have a genuine question, ask it where appropriate. This thread is about HB bashing and you are asking where to buy the stuff and posting links to Asian sellers?

eh.gif

OK. So as I'm new here, appreciate yr help in directing me as to where "appropriate" to post such query. I would not want to start new Hugo Boss thread just for it, then it might look more like an ad for those Asian retailers!

Cheers.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
Marketing and brand appeal, that's how. You're right: it only appeals to young guys who know SBSOLUTELY NOTHING about suits.

At the risk of being heavily flamed here, +1000.

Their pants are pretty decent though.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads