• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How's your closet setup?

willyto

Reaction score
It is definitely daunting at times. I have a long list of items that need to be fixed, adjust, altered etc. I've had jackets sit in my closet for years before making it to the alterations tailor.

I'll have to count. suits and sport coats, last time I counted was in the 60s.

I can picture it. I'm seeing something rather bulky and cumbersome.

This. I don't have bespoke stuff. I haven't my thin hangers do fine for my needs.

Same here.

Wow! This is beautiful.
I do hang my all my cotton/denim/seersucker jackets like that. It actually isn't bulky or cumbersome. There are 6 jackets here including 2 denim chore coats, 2 Norfolks with a canvas waistcoat and 2 sack coats. In the summer the vintage hanger holds 5 seersucker sack coats and waistcoats.

UfgM927.jpg

My ties are hanging on two vintage hangers that allow you to remove any tie without messing anything, you then leave it at the top.

RHjessK.jpg

There are seven suits hanging here and all need alterations. In fact the three Cathcart linen suits have been sitting for 3 years because the pandemic hit just after I bought them, @EFV brown suit reminded me that I need to get around to it with my alterations tailor(My grandma)

It is a bit of a mess and not pretty... I have most of my vintage stuff at my family's home in different closets in storage.

L66tyos.jpg

I bought quite a few hangers from The Hanger Project right before they ended up their UK distribution and I got the travel ones with the trousers. They are really nice for my needs.

This is just a bit of what I have. My shirts are always folded at the top of the closet and so is my knitwear, shoes are at the bottom or spread around the studio because I'm always working on them. Scarfs, gloves, socks, underwear are all in a drawer by the entrance.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Great idea AAS.

Of course I don’t have as many stuff as most gents here, but I like the closet.

General view. Sliding doors. My clothing is on the right side. On the extreme right, shoe rack.
Shirts, polos, knitwear, are in the drawers.
1E4FE657-63F7-481C-9988-64A19284C554.jpeg

04D7D2F0-7B26-4CFC-AF47-54438823051D.jpeg

E7439E6A-E773-47C8-8B92-0D9335F3B960.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many jackets? I have to ask. 😂😂😂😂

You have enough clothes to supply an entire vintage habadashery. 😂😂😂
Total jackets (suit jackets, sport coats, dinner jackets), I counted 77. There are four or five more I didn’t count that I’ve been meaning to sell.

A murder of crows, a parliament of owls, an unkindness of ravens. This is called an embarrassment of coats. :embar:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Total jackets (suit jackets, sport coats, dinner jackets), I counted 77. There are four or five more I didn’t count that I’ve been meaning to sell.

A murder of crows, a parliament of owls, an unkindness of ravens. This is called an embarrassment of coats. :embar:
A smothering of tailoring

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in a <1000 sq ft condo so I'm envious of what some of y'all have!

Here's my main closet:

IMG_5605.JPG

I had this built for my shoes from a guy I know in town. It serves as shoe storage + a media console in the bedroom. I plan to cull through my shoe storage and sell some soon and get rid of boxes + bags after I do that.
IMG_5603.JPG

This is the "hallway" closet where I store some larger things and keep rain coats and others that are easier to throw on for a trip to the store.
IMG_5602.JPG

It's funny looking at how much SF (primarily NMWA and, to some extent, Epaulet) has really defined my recent purchases (and things I keep).

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
I love this thread idea. I am recently married and my wife moved in to my place to give us some time to look for and find a larger home sometime next year. In the meantime, I surrendered my walk-in closet to her and set up this IKEA closet solution in the bedroom for my own clothes. Needless to say, I had to get rid of a lot of items to make this work. I'm also using some space in a storage closet that we have in the garage which is where I have suits, large coats and off-season clothes. When we move into a larger home, I plan to expand this concept into a spare bedroom similar to @R.O. Thornhill in a previous post. I'm enjoying the zen-like simplicity though. IKEA is out-of-stock on some of the shelves so I cut some plywood to size.

IMG_7617.jpeg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this thread idea. I am recently married and my wife moved in to my place to give us some time to look for and find a larger home sometime next year. In the meantime, I surrendered my walk-in closet to her and set up this IKEA closet solution in the bedroom for my own clothes. Needless to say, I had to get rid of a lot of items to make this work. I'm also using some space in a storage closet that we have in the garage which is where I have suits, large coats and off-season clothes. When we move into a larger home, I plan to expand this concept into a spare bedroom similar to @R.O. Thornhill in a previous post. I'm enjoying the zen-like simplicity though. IKEA is out-of-stock on some of the shelves so I cut some plywood to size.

View attachment 1869648
Really like this. Very clean.

I'm moving in January and going from one rack and shelf to four floor to ceiling doors worth of storage. o_O Cannot weight to let me clothes breathe and not have a pile 12 high of hoodies.

Will be coming back here though for inspiration.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guest bedroom slowing morphing into an ad hoc closet, to the point now that anything new requires something else to be donated or sold, although I could move to a larger home an increase my wardrobe, also.
View attachment 1870102
View attachment 1870103
View attachment 1870106
View attachment 1870107
Some people collect baseball cards. Some people collect salt and pepper shakers. I like to think that I'm a collector of menswear. I don't get to wear it all numerous times a year, but it's nice to have it. I don't need 77 jacket.

It appears that you, my friend, are a collector of braces. Wow.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like this. Very clean.

I'm moving in January and going from one rack and shelf to four floor to ceiling doors worth of storage. o_O Cannot weight to let me clothes breathe and not have a pile 12 high of hoodies.

Will be coming back here though for inspiration.
Good luck but errrr … this might not be the best place to confess to owning twelve hoodies! 😎😁

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sukurabu