• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How To Make It In America (New HBO Series) - J. Crew

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx
I wish Luis Guzman was the main character.
Seriously.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakokoro
I'd like to see more of the banker and cudi, and less Cam/Kam (main little latino dude) and ben's ex-gf

+1

i like the show well enough but they really really missed the mark when casting the leads.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx

He's a great actor in my opinion. He was in one of my favorite remakes 'The Count of Montecristo'.

I'm really good friends with some cousins of his. I'm trying to see if I can meet him one day.

thegifted1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx

Luis Guzman rules so much on this show.

It's such an injustice that everyone quotes Kenny Powers 24/7 and Luis gets no love for his character. I don't think Eastbound & Down is nearly as funny as everyone makes it out to be. But at the same time I'm grateful that the Luis Guzman character is not getting quoted to death.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thegifted1
Luis Guzman rules so much on this show.

It's such an injustice that everyone quotes Kenny Powers 24/7 and Luis gets no love for his character. I don't think Eastbound & Down is nearly as funny as everyone makes it out to be. But at the same time I'm grateful that the Luis Guzman character is not getting quoted to death.

Well he really hasn't said that much stuff that is hilarious yet, where as Kenny Powers is awesome

gee_

Reaction score
"to our sons: may they have hot mothers and rich fathers"

is probably the best quote in the show

jaac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thegifted1

lol, cmon dude.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dang, I noticed this in an earlier episode but the main girl in the show is completely stacked for how skinny she is.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
He's a great actor in my opinion. He was in one of my favorite remakes 'The Count of Montecristo'.

I'm really good friends with some cousins of his. I'm trying to see if I can meet him one day.

Last October I was having lunch near south street seaport and I walk out and there's Luiz and some other guy just hangin on the street corner. I've loved Luiz since Boogie Nights.

I said "Hey Luiz, what's up"

He looked over, with that look, and said "yo brother, what's happenin?"

Either the dude is always in character or he doesn't change at all once the camera goes on.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The show is growing on me - more realistic that entourage but not as exciting as the first few seasons of entourage used to be. We'll see if this show progresses well.

uristocrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
The show is growing on me - more realistic that entourage but not as exciting as the first few seasons of entourage used to be. We'll see if this show progresses well.

yeah.. i agree... a lot more realistic than entourage.. even though I think the whole meeting up with the Japanese buyer is kind of contrived. Its a lot harder to get your items into the hands of decision makers than portrayed in the show.

http://uristocrat.com/2010/04/can-ho...make-it-on-tv/

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naturally Baked
The season was so short. I was just starting to get attached to the characters and then they cut it off....they had better get season 2 out soon or I'll lose interest.

I don't think its even been greenlit yet so probably won't be out for some time

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads