• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much money do you spend per day on coffee/espresso?

Hayato

Reaction score
I'm the poor-man coffee drinker. I can't afford a really nice grinder, maker or press at the moment, so I use a CuisineArt maker that was given to me. I usually just pick up a can of coffee at Trader Joes when I run out for about ~$8 and that tends to last me for awhile.

I need to step my coffee game up. What I really want is one of those retro commercial BUNN makers that you see all the time in diners.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'll get a big bag of Starbucks french roast (whole bean) and grind it up before brewing. That's around $20 a month. Office coffee is free, and since we changed providers it has become quite decent. ..FWIW, we're both 3 cup minimums, each morning. I remember life before the caffeine addiction.
frown.gif

Complete fail. http://www.lioncoffee.com/kona-24-karat-100-kona.html All you'll ever need in life. Normally just a $5 vanilla mocha before class (normally drink black, but I can't stand most coffeeshop brews). Kaladi Bros. if I'm in the neighborhood

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Really. I've never been able to get into the Indriya the few times I've tried it. Its strong, which I enjoy, but its got a weird taste to it. The Brazilian is nice but a bit weak for my tastes. The Columbian was the best of the bunch the first time I tried them.

If you order the new special edition let me know what you think of it.

The Indian one tastes like it has some black pepper in it, its a very interesting taste. My favorite of the none single origins is the purple one. What do you like?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
about 6 bucks a day, maybe 4-5 days a month, so about a buck a day. coffee is free at the office and while traveling, and we very very seldomly make coffee at home any more

Incman

Reaction score
in the winter, grab a cup of timmies (i know, i know, my 250K fallback is measured in cents) on most days that I have school. cheap and easy way to warm up.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
The Indian one tastes like it has some black pepper in it, its a very interesting taste. My favorite of the none single origins is the purple one. What do you like?
The Ristretto (black) and Arpeggio (purple). I only really drink the strong stuff. The Roma (grey) is ok on occasion. I normally make Americano's out of the shots these days. Easier to take on the road and to the gym.

Annadale

Reaction score
bounce2.gif
Tttooo blooodddy muuccchhh, wwwwhhhiiich iiisss wwwhyyy Iiii tyypppe lllikikkkkeee thhhiiisss!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zero....I don't drink either and if I did, the job offers it for free.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother-in-law sends me a new bag of Guatemalan coffee about 4 times a year. I finish each bag about as fast (or slow, if you will). I stop at coffee shops about once or twice a week. Coffee at the office is free.

Therefore, I probably spend about $1 a day on coffee. If I always had to pay, the number might go up to $3 a day.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I buy a pound of coffee every once and a while...as I mentioned before, office coffee is free so I only make my own on weekends.

Usually buy whole beans by the pound at the store...often only get less than a pound since I don't use it very fast. I think this comes to like 8.99/lb

I have a pretty good starbucks branded burr grinder that I got at a thrift store for $8. Looked to be used about twice. Has good reviews online and there is a guide for how to hack to to make an even finer grind.

I brew it in either a cheap hotel-room sized drip machine or in my stovetop bialetti style "espresso" machine.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$0 on coffee, $1.25 on an orange juice, $2 on a Coke per day, and $15-30 minimum on alcoholic beverages, on up.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
The Ristretto (black) and Arpeggio (purple). I only really drink the strong stuff. The Roma (grey) is ok on occasion.
I like the black, purple and grey for shorter espressos. Strangely, I use the green and gold ones for lungo. I don't think the stronger ones taste as good as lungo as the medium ones.

I pretty much never buy the special editions - I did a few times 10 years ago and was always disappointed. Maybe I should diversify a little more.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nothing, we put in an amazing coffee maker when we moved into our office.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what's the brand of your maker, kunk? I had a nice one at my work before, I'd buy one if I was a baller just to say 'watch this ****, dudes!'

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
nothing, we put in an amazing coffee maker when we moved into our office.

kunk - i thought you were el hefe?
confused.gif
you're paying for that coffee!
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads