• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning slow again with an overall pace of 9:27/mile and kept my HR down below 125 for the duration.

Dusty may have had crappy weather down I-75 but it was perfect up here again. Strava says the temp was 68º with 98% humidity but my little weather station said it was actually closer to 60º. It was also overcast and there was a nice gentle breeze so the humidity was negligible. It's a bit muggier out there now but still not bad. I might try to get out for another slow run tonight.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5k recovery run after dropping my daughter off at swim camp this morning. like Dusty, it was almost 80F with 80% humidity here, so i had extra incentive to keep the pace slow and just let my legs start to feel a bit normal after a very active weekend. 8:45 pace. still soaked through my shirt ha.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted. My runs have been fairly mundane; however, things are picking up as I am starting my training regiment for Boston in October.

Excited to be able to run the course this year and get the full experience, rather than the virtual event last year. Not excited about waking up extra early for nearly 4 months to grind out training.

Sunday was a 13 mile long run I clocked in around 7:12/mil pace. Weather was in the mid 70s and the humidity was higher than I would have liked. I was certainly feeling the pain at the turn.

This morning was an easy 6 miles at a 7:59/mile pace.

Speed work tomorrow morning (my least favorite day of the week).

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone enjoys running gear PSAs, it just depends on brands. Plus you KOP at a quicker rate than all of the others combined.

Well have you have of Speedland - The makers of the 'worlds first hyper-performance trail shoe'? Two product engineers formerly from Nike, Puma, & UA founded the company. They built shoe using the best parts from individual manufactures -- Carbitex, Michelin, BOA, Dyneema. It's all layered together so you can customize aspects of the shoe to your environment. The carbon plate can be swapped out for various rigidities, multiple substitutions for midsole foam, and you can trim the lugs to different patterns/depths. Seems pretty cool. I like the aspiration. $375 though!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1624317679292.gif

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well have you have of Speedland - The makers of the 'worlds first hyper-performance trail shoe'? Two product engineers formerly from Nike, Puma, & UA founded the company. They built shoe using the best parts from individual manufactures -- Carbitex, Michelin, BOA, Dyneema. It's all layered together so you can customize aspects of the shoe to your environment. The carbon plate can be swapped out for various rigidities, multiple substitutions for midsole foam, and you can trim the lugs to different patterns/depths. Seems pretty cool. I like the aspiration. $375 though!

Looks great, but for anything like that price I'd want it all to be completely returnable / recyclable, and that's still a whole lot more than I'd be willing to pay even for that.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with others in that I always appreciate the PSAs from @Dusty Heaters (and anybody else). I am not very particular when it comes to my gear so I might be more willing than others to blindly try new shoes than some of the others here. FWIW, I think it was Dusty that recommended the Skechers GoRun Razor Hyper whatevers on here a couple summers ago and I absolutely loved them and for the prices, they cannot be beat. I can generally only get about 200-250 miles on them, but for a shoe that I can usually find for <$60, that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm currently on my 3rd pair of Skechers and wore them this morning for a Yasso 800 workout at the track. I averaged 3:03:20 across the ten 800 meter segments (3:01:11 if I threw out the first effort). I think this might have been my best Yasso workout in terms of average time per segment.

It was also a bit chilly this morning. The temperature was 46º when I kicked off and never really warmed up much beyond that. I should have wore my gloves because I was doing dips on one of the benches at the track between each segment and I thought my hands were going to freeze to the metal. It looks like we're going to have cool mornings for the rest of the week, but it should still be a bit warmer than today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads