• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles, 8:14/mi, 135bpm -- Z1 jogging

Just downright nasty out there this morning climate wise. 6:30am and it was already ~77F with a 72 dew point...So basically running in a cigar humidor. I would have run shirtless but I smoked a brisket this weekend (36 hour job) and the sodium had he all swollen. On the bright side, I think it's gone now though.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles this morning slow again with an overall pace of 9:27/mile and kept my HR down below 125 for the duration.

Dusty may have had crappy weather down I-75 but it was perfect up here again. Strava says the temp was 68º with 98% humidity but my little weather station said it was actually closer to 60º. It was also overcast and there was a nice gentle breeze so the humidity was negligible. It's a bit muggier out there now but still not bad. I might try to get out for another slow run tonight.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5k recovery run after dropping my daughter off at swim camp this morning. like Dusty, it was almost 80F with 80% humidity here, so i had extra incentive to keep the pace slow and just let my legs start to feel a bit normal after a very active weekend. 8:45 pace. still soaked through my shirt ha.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5.8 flat trail miles. Temps in the low 60s, but on the humid side; so I still soaked my shirt with sweat. I did some tempo fartleks around 3.5-5 miles in.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted. My runs have been fairly mundane; however, things are picking up as I am starting my training regiment for Boston in October.

Excited to be able to run the course this year and get the full experience, rather than the virtual event last year. Not excited about waking up extra early for nearly 4 months to grind out training.

Sunday was a 13 mile long run I clocked in around 7:12/mil pace. Weather was in the mid 70s and the humidity was higher than I would have liked. I was certainly feeling the pain at the turn.

This morning was an easy 6 miles at a 7:59/mile pace.

Speed work tomorrow morning (my least favorite day of the week).

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone enjoys running gear PSAs, it just depends on brands. Plus you KOP at a quicker rate than all of the others combined.
Well have you have of Speedland - The makers of the 'worlds first hyper-performance trail shoe'? Two product engineers formerly from Nike, Puma, & UA founded the company. They built shoe using the best parts from individual manufactures -- Carbitex, Michelin, BOA, Dyneema. It's all layered together so you can customize aspects of the shoe to your environment. The carbon plate can be swapped out for various rigidities, multiple substitutions for midsole foam, and you can trim the lugs to different patterns/depths. Seems pretty cool. I like the aspiration. $375 though!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.