• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.2 miles. Puts me just under 3k calories burned for the week. Aka finally worked off my ****** weekend eating.

Gotta say my light week has me feeling simultaneously smug (for being healthy) and indolent (compared to how much I have been running).

freehand

Reaction score
Thanks for the chafing tips. Without getting too graphic the worst bit was showering afterwards. Something in my soap basically set my skin on fire. Anyway, I do have some Squirrel’s Nut Butter, which I’ve only previously used on my feet but will be coating myself in for longer runs in warm weather.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate that I have bought, used, and now have to say "Nip Guards" but they have done wonders apres purchase.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that I have bought, used, and now have to say "Nip Guards" but they have done wonders apres purchase.

I’ve used this tape with much success. You can get a whole bunch of uses out of a roll, and it also works on hot spots that are heading towards blisters.

Finding shorts that don’t chafe is also crucial. A running backpack should also help especially if you need to carry water.

https://www.staples.com/Nexcare-Abs...f6lqI5KAdPeaC2WNn6RX0R4-TlXEFJGBoC6lQQAvD_BwE

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.5 miles for me this morning. We have an excessive heat warning here in So Cal. Supposed to be about 105 degrees today. I got on the road at 5:20 a.m. thinking that I would beat the heat. I suppose I did but it was already 70 degrees at that time.

My run consisted of 1.5 mile warm up, 3 miles @ tempo, 0.5 mile recovery, 3 miles @ tempo, and 0.5 mile cool down. Overall, pleased with the pace. I have not kept up with regular speed work and I can certainly feel that I need to exert more to reach these tempo paces.

BF2C5C11-4A6D-4392-8D46-A32BDC02E0B8.jpeg
085C9AB4-8052-44CB-A74C-BBA2BC986C05.jpeg
B700E365-D093-4330-8423-50E31CCEEA0B.jpeg
AE434600-999F-465C-AF11-3729D5A383F4.jpeg

Also, today was my first wear of the Saucony Endorphin Pro. Overall pleased with them. I do believe that the Vaporly Next % are a level above in terms of propulsion. These had a stiffer feel. But they had a nice spring while maintaining nice cushion.

584AE0F5-D732-4CD1-A3BD-147CF4C65D05.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8.5 miles for me this morning. We have an excessive heat warning here in So Cal. Supposed to be about 105 degrees today. I got on the road at 5:20 a.m. thinking that I would beat the heat. I suppose I did but it was already 70 degrees at that time.

My run consisted of 1.5 mile warm up, 3 miles @ tempo, 0.5 mile recovery, 3 miles @ tempo, and 0.5 mile cool down. Overall, pleased with the pace. I have not kept up with regular speed work and I can certainly feel that I need to exert more to reach these tempo paces.

View attachment 1440337 View attachment 1440338 View attachment 1440339 View attachment 1440340

Also, today was my first wear of the Saucony Endorphin Pro. Overall pleased with them. I do believe that the Vaporly Next % are a level above in terms of propulsion. These had a stiffer feel. But they had a nice spring while maintaining nice cushion.

View attachment 1440341

Hah, your last mile was faster than my all-time PR by two seconds...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.2 miles for me this morning at a relatively slow 9:27/mile pace.

Gotta say my light week has me feeling simultaneously smug (for being healthy) and indolent (compared to how much I have been running).

I've had a few runs this week of around 10 miles or more but overall my goal for this week is only 45 miles, and I'm aiming for 40 next week before I start to ramp things back up with an ultimate goal of 80 miles a week by the end of September. After averaging 60+ miles a week for the past three and a half months, these will be my lowest volume weeks in a loooong time. It definitely has me feeling lazy too and it's actually a struggle to force myself to get some rest and not exceed my goal by too much.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No running today, but I climbed (bouldering) at the gym for 50 minutes. I managed to get one of the problems that was kicking my butt on Monday, but everything else is shutting me down. I blame the hot weather (no A/C).

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1440337 View attachment 1440338 View attachment 1440339 View attachment 1440340

View attachment 1440341

You ran half a mile farther than me today, and you did it 14 minutes faster than I did. I'm sure its entirely the shoes, so I dont feel bad :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads