• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how long does it take you to iron a shirt?

ETT1E

Reaction score
If you get it down to five minutes a shirt and you enjoy ironing then you'll probably feel the saving is worthwhile.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes me about 1 second to throw it in the hamper

WRAdvisor

Reaction score
After reading 3 pages of responses, I'm VERY surprised I haven't seen a comment like:

"I don't know, ask my wife"

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
So, that's about 2 hours of ironing a week.
laugh.gif

Something that hasn't been mentioned as yet in this thread and should; the video posted previously shows a man iron a shirt in 3 minutes, but consider the fabric(s) of that shirt, broadcloth? A paper-thin shirt irons light years faster than one made of Oxford. Not all shirts iron equally by default of their fabric contents, weaves, etc. and the iron heat must be sometimes changed, depending on the fabric. I admit to being on the slow side, losing 2 hours per week on it, but that isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that I end up suffering through one 'chick flick' per week doing it. This thread is of great interest to me as I would also like to cut down the ironing time while still maintaining satisfactory results. I generally iron my shirts when they are dry, and use a misting bottle. Next laundry I'll try doing them damp right out of the washer. To be able to get it down to 5-6 minutes per shirt would be a dream come true for me.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are good those " easy iron " like sprays that let the shirts with some silicone feeling? as " apresto " ?

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
10 seconds...Enough to ask my wife to iron it for me...

Before getting some angry Renaissance men replying to that statement,I will point out the fact I was only joking.

Funny I do the exact same thing.

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
I take them to the cleaners as well. At $1.35/shirt it's a no brainer. However, after seeing this video, I might break out my Rowenta and have a go at one!

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the record, it takes me about 10 minutes. It's definitely not worth my time, but I do it when I'd just be dicking around anyway. And I do a much better job than the cleaners and the shirt comes out softer.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lately I iron a week's worth of shirts Sunday evenings while watching the Next Food Network Star on the Food Network. This show is absolutely horrible, and I loathe everyone associated with it, but for some reason I have to watch it every week. I truly wish a meteorite would crash through the ceiling and kill every single person associated with this fake, glossy pile of reality television trash. And it even looks like the food they make sucks. There is undeniably nothing redeeming about this show.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx
I take them to the cleaners as well. At $1.35/shirt it's a no brainer. However, after seeing this video, I might break out my Rowenta and have a go at one!

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out. The man is a "professional"
smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less than 5 minutes, unless it really has some sticky areas that require alot of action.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About three minutes, but I never do a great job on the few square inches right in front of the arm pits.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads