• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does your spouse view your taste for fashion?

CrazyJ

Reaction score
If you are currently in a long-term relationship with them... ie: long-term gf, fiancee, wife, etc.

I've been with my fiancee for about three years now, and funnily enough, when I first met her I didn't know jack **** about how to dress. I just wore whatever was on sale at american eagle. But somewhere halfway through I ended up surpassing her for some reason. Whereas three years ago she would direct me what to put on so that it actually matches, almost everyday she comes to me and asks me if what she's wearin looks okay, or what she should do with the outfit.

Fast forward to today and I'm posting on a board for men's fashion that is really hard to explain to anyone else without sounding really gay, but I don't mind. She finds it absolutely hilarious that I have her take pictures of me to post for people to critique.

Kind of a weird scenario huh?
blush.gif

So what about everyone else? Is your partner more or less fashion-savvy?

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Of course your gf/wife is supposed to have a better taste for fashion than us men. If not, then you are with the wrong female and she will just take you down fashion-wise!

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
If you are currently in a long-term relationship with them... ie: long-term gf, fiancee, wife, etc.

I've been with my fiancee for about three years now, and funnily enough, when I first met her I didn't know jack **** about how to dress. I just wore whatever was on sale at american eagle. But somewhere halfway through I ended up surpassing her for some reason. Whereas three years ago she would direct me what to put on so that it actually matches, almost everyday she comes to me and asks me if what she's wearin looks okay, or what she should do with the outfit.

Fast forward to today and I'm posting on a board for men's fashion that is really hard to explain to anyone else without sounding really gay, but I don't mind. She finds it absolutely hilarious that I have her take pictures of me to post for people to critique.

Kind of a weird scenario huh?
blush.gif

So what about everyone else? Is your partner more or less fashion-savvy?

That sounds so me
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads