• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does this coat's fit look on me? *update with 36S from jcrew and brooks bros*

bludshot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mal
Looks a little tight, but a lot better.

shoot maybe i'm a 37
frown.gif

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bludshot
shoot maybe i'm a 37
frown.gif

I think it looks fine, for the most part. The sleeves are too long and maybe the chest could be let out just a hair, but those are just minor adjustments that can be fixed by a tailor.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The H&M is comically, irredeemably short. Otherwise, it was pretty close.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
coat.png

I went into banana republic today to try on their coats. I only managed to find this one in a size that appears to fit me (38S). What do you guys think of the fit? Does it look too bulky on me or fit just right? The sleeves felt a little long to me even though it's an S. I'm 5'8.

Do you think there's a particular fit that would suit me better? I plan to wear a sports coat with dark jeans (I think it's still in style
ffffuuuu.gif
)

Please don't pay much mind to what I'm wearing under... it's stuff I wore to work and I just headed straight for the mall.

update: i know this might not be a good apples to apples comparison, but I went to H&M and tried on a 36R coat. it felt pretty snug... borderline tight. what do you think of this fit. does it look ok? please ignore the t shirt and jeans choice... it was jeans day at work and i just went straight to the mall after work to try it on. thanks
spam[1].gif

0820002014.jpg

0820002015.jpg

0820002015a.jpg

0820002015b.jpg

A 38 in H&M is way different than a traditional 38 in most stores (ie. Banana). If you decide to go with the 1st blazer definitely take it down to at 36. I am 5'9 and I wear a 38 blazer. That being said depending on your proportions you should get measured and start to see what designer/brands cater to you body type.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves are too short on both coats, the first looks a bit big in the shoulders and the second is too tight in the waist. I woudl have it let out some the first one taken in a touch and the sleeves take up on both.

mossmadness88

Reaction score
I have the same problem. H&M is too small, but most other stores are too big. A JCREW 36R fits mit perfectly, and it would probably do the same for you.

bludshot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossmadness88
I have the same problem. H&M is too small, but most other stores are too big. A JCREW 36R fits mit perfectly, and it would probably do the same for you.

a 36r coat just arrived for me from jcrew. i tried it on and it's clearly too long for me still (especially the sleeves). HOWEVER, the chest fit felt great; it's the best one so far, so that's encouraging.not worth taking a photo.

anyhow, going to try a brooks brothers 36s and jcrew 36s now. if those fail for some weird reason, it's time to throw in the towel! must be my weirdly proportioned asian figure that is making it tough on me here.

Mal

Reaction score
a 36r coat just arrived for me from jcrew. i tried it on and it's clearly too long for me still (especially the sleeves). HOWEVER, the chest fit felt great; it's the best one so far, so that's encouraging.not worth taking a photo.

anyhow, going to try a brooks brothers 36s and jcrew 36s now. if those fail for some weird reason, it's time to throw in the towel! must be my weirdly proportioned asian figure that is making it tough on me here.

You could just buy one that is too long in the sleeves and have it tailored. Expecting an absolutely perfect fit OTR isn't possible for the vast majority of people.

The H&M one looked good, the minor problems could have been fixed by a tailor.

Macallan9

Reaction score

Your body is about as standard as it comes. Just find something that fits in the shoulders and chest and take it to the tailor.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an H&M suit that I'm relatively happy with like it is. However, I'd advise against buying one if it needs alterations in the chest and waist for their armpits aren't cut high enough to easily make those adjustments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads