• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than for rare meetings and other business activities outside I only wear PJs / basketball shorts and t-shirts b/c I am WFH.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clothing style hasn't changed very much. Some things that have been adjusted include more attention to facial care (due to the masks), and perhaps a few more minutes deciding on a particular fragrance for the day.

drewby

Reaction score
I bought some more sweats to wear around the house, but my normal fashion when going out is the same.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we closed our office to visitors/clients I’ve gone from coat and tie maybe four days a week to four times in five months.

But I’ve not given up my seersucker!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did many of these.

I purchased more casual clothing, took advantage of sales to acquire sartorial clothing, and did a small purge. I’d also say my style hasn’t changed.

I guess the question depends on how you define style. I think I have both a casual and formal style. One is not better than the other, just different. I’ve been using the casual style more, but neither of my styles have changed per se. I hope to get back to formal clothing soon.

martingfx

Reaction score
I hardly ever wear clothes any more... just wandering around in my boxers like a zombie :(

Thankfully I’ll be returning to the office next week.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started to get fat. I'm always sweaty, and tossing my last few dollars around at hopeless causes. Stylistically, overall, I'm headed in the direction of John Candy at the beginning of Cool Runnings. I am leaning into it. I am letting go.

JLPII

Reaction score
Since returning to office, I reduce and simplify the clothing, things that I carry, and what I carry.

Before covid: oxford lace-up shoes, leather briefcase, leather pouch, alligator money clip wallet

Covid era: loafers, preferably in suede so I can spray disinfectant, nylon briefcase, not bringing leather pouch anymore, Russian reindeer GC wallet

Clothing brand & material: Uniqlo's shirt and those polyesters pants, socks. So I can quickly put them in washing machine and dryer after coming home each time.

Hand sanitizer and spare masks are always in my briefcase and car.

I have a toddler and a baby at home, so pardon my anxiety and OCD ?.

Edit: In addition, I'm not wearing a watch to office anymore, still feels weird until now.

Last edited:

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody wearing regular work clothing (suits, sport coats) while working from home? Does it help? I’m getting serious fomo from not being able to enjoy tailored clothing like I used to. It’s tough seeing nice things come out that I would normally buy but see no point as of now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads