• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poszetka

Reaction score
Grey / Brown / Navy
IMG_9413.jpg

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not my favorite pairing, at least for my style.
BUT, your tailoring is generally fantastic. This is no exception; you look natural in your well-fit clothes. You pull off this bold fit with flare.
:fistbump:

I'm blushing :)

Much appreciated, both as to the criticism and the compliment. The tie was sort of wishful thinking. Solid gren or knit would have been quite a bit better. I mostly stand by the rest of it ;)

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much appreciated, both as to the criticism and the compliment. The tie was sort of wishful thinking. Solid gren or knit would have been quite a bit better. I mostly stand by the rest of it ;)
Definitely agree. Add a solid tie and you would be cooking with gas!

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score

I cannot agree. The tie gives a good vibe to the ensemble. A solid tie could give you a more formal and sober look, but you are too young to be sober. Let it to older guys. That tie is very pretty.

Cheers

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
Always trying to take decent pics ...
View attachment 1144474
View attachment 1144475
View attachment 1144476
View attachment 1144477
Suit: Boglioli (in the first pic you may see the true colour and pattern)
Shirt: Hardy Amies, good and dirt cheap
Tie: Rota
Shoes: Cheaney.
Good evening gentlemen!
Luigi

I have a pair of shoes very much alike. And have a story. Some years ago in a mall here in Lisbon, opened a store called Milano, selling suits, ties, shirts, kniting (I got 2 great cashmere jumpers there for a fantastic price), etc. Everything was at good prices and of good quality. They also were selling shoes - though not many models - and I bought that pair.
Suddenly, they closed, never knew why. It was strange because, at the time, I thought it was a good store and they were doing good. They just vanish.

Cheers
Vic

Last edited:

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a suit that came without buttons. A friend of mine debated whether I could use MOP buttons or not. He argued no, citing horn fits suits better while mop mates up better with sport coats.

I think they look nice. What do you think?
IMG-20190315-WA0045.jpeg

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score

I cannot agree. The tie gives a good vibe to the ensemble. A solid tie could give you a more formal and sober, but you are too young to be sober. Let it to older guys. That tie is very pretty.

Cheers

Last edited:

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
I bought a suit that came without buttons. A friend of mine debated whether I could use MOP buttons or not. He argued no, citing horn fits suits better while mop mates up better with sport coats.

I think they look nice. What do you think? View attachment 1144583

Well, I don’t think the buttons are bad. However there’s something weird about the whole blazer. It seems it has not the right proportions. The button under the ps pocket seems to be too high. Or maybe I’m not right, I don’t know. Just seems not right to me.

Cheers

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they look nice. What do you think? View attachment 1144583

In terms of button color choice I think they look pretty good, albeit more casual because of the contrast.

But rock it in good health!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads