• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrTRC

Reaction score
A washed out/muted pink goes much more with the blue of the tie and the brown of the suit than neon turquoise blue.

If you picture a very soft shade of pink in your head you will see that it works.

Really tried to but i don't see it.

Firstly, because cyan (and not turquoise) is the complementary colour to brown and by extension blue.

Nonetheless, i often find the cyans/ neons/ pinks et al calls too much attention to itself popping out of the pocket. At the most it should be the accent in the square and not the dominant.

Pink square? I'd wonder if you were doing a walk of shame with the thong of your conquest in your pocket and be thinking 'what a twat'; a debonair twat but a twat nonetheless!

Last edited:

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Thanks, D. Walter. BTW, the request to spoiler the quoted pictures in your posts surely was not intended to include your own pictures.

Dang...noted. Thx for the heads-up, @sugarbutch !

Excuse the mirror shot:

Apologies granted...lovely coat!

The uniform:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS is too strong compared to the rest of the components imo. Maybe a very muted shade of pink? 

A washed out/muted pink goes much more with the blue of the tie and the brown of the suit than neon turquoise blue.

If you picture a very soft shade of pink in your head you will see that it works. 

I think pink would be problematic with the reddish undertones of the suit. White linen with a green border would be nice, but not with a solid blue shirt. If it was white/blue striped, I'd go for that.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pictures of men in suits and Chelsea boots shown here of late inspired today's attire - do forgive the substitution of jodhpurs.

Suit & tie - Tyrwhitt
Shirt - BB MTM
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
Boots - Cheaney

SYCSYC

Reaction score
For the Friday Challenge:

Jacket: SuitSupply
Shirt: Café Coton
Waistcoat: Massimo Dutti
Tie: just remember it's from a trip in Firenze
Pocket Square: Dear fiancee's borrowed panty
bigstar[1].gif

Trousers: thrifted vintage bespoke tweed trousers
Shoes: don't remember

Last edited:

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score

briefcase/bag – Berluti
tie – AD56
pocket squares – Bespoke
suspenders – Albert Thurston
cufflinks – Dunhill
shoes – Trickers
socks – Pantherella
jacket – Bespoke
trousers/pants – Bespoke
shirt – Bespoke
perfume – Clive Christian “С”

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
@Victor: really nice, almost thumbed.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

But the lapel is a bit thin for you, no?

I agree
smile.gif

But many old fault of tailors - can not be corrected. Unfortunately
devil.gif
biggrin.gif

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Details:

For the FC -
Something Old: Vintage Mulberry sports jacket
Something New: Bespoke trou new this season on their second outing
Something borrowed: Watch is second-hand Auguste Reymond which I am merely 'caretaking'
Something blue - Hawes & Curtis shirt, Paul Costelloe tie, pocket square from an 'artisan' in Oporto

Other stuff: Shoes by Cheaney, socks John Rocha, cuff-links H&C and Creed's Millesime Imperial

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads