• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From yesterday.

Today.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually had a spare couple minutes to grab some pictures today. No tie but closer here than the casually thread I figured. Testing out a new button down collar from my shirt maker for more casual outfits when my spread collar I have on everything else won’t quite do.
0D91889E-4F61-479D-84BC-BE32A2AB3224.jpeg
DC4408AC-413D-403A-9A62-3A79F7CA80BF.jpeg
B74B3553-4716-491F-A70B-F2A82F7B2041.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually had a spare couple minutes to grab some pictures today. No tie but closer here than the casually thread I figured. Testing out a new button down collar from my shirt maker for more casual outfits when my spread collar I have on everything else won’t quite do.
View attachment 1887261 View attachment 1887263 View attachment 1887265
I like when a notch lapel starts looking a bit like a peak without being too flashy. What size shoulders and lapel is this if I may ask. Not sure if my frame can handle a 4 inch with a 18-18.5 shoulder jacket.

Last edited:

BomTrady

Reaction score
View attachment 1887261 View attachment 1887263 View attachment 1887265
‘Excellent looK, as always. What’s your normal dress code and under what circumstances are you able to dress down a bit? I’ve always been immensely jealous of you guys that get to wear suits and ties to work everyday….of course anyone can do it, but I am referring to those whose environment dictate a suit. In any event, Bravo @Jmr928!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit:
  • Shoes: In Corio
  • Trousers: Maison Pen
  • Shirt: Lanieri
  • Jacket: Suitsupply
  • Tie: Suitsupply
  • Pocket square: Fumagalli 1891.
View attachment 1886933 View attachment 1886935 View attachment 1886937
These trousers man - they’re getting worse.
The camera angle may not be helping you here but the full length shot makes it look like you’re wearing tights.
Until you address this issue it’s irrelevant how well or poorly the top half comes together in any outfit.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like when a notch lapel starts looking a bit like a peak without being too flashy. What size shoulders and lapel is this if I may ask. Not sure if my frame can handle a 4 inch with a 18-18.5 shoulder jacket.
Nothing peak about them. Just a wide notch with a slightly lower gorge than my standard and lapels cut with a straight edge rather than belly.

I’m not sure on size. I can ask my tailor but it’s 1am in Naples currently. He likes me but I’m not sure enough to wake up at 1 to reply to me. Ballpark 11.5-12cm lapels on this one if I had to guess based on my standard jackets having more restrained 10cm lapels.
E16E89BF-0DD6-4F2A-B303-023C3BD24A5F.jpeg

‘Excellent looK, as always. What’s your normal dress code and under what circumstances are you able to dress down a bit? I’ve always been immensely jealous of you guys that get to wear suits and ties to work everyday….of course anyone can do it, but I am referring to those whose environment dictate a suit. In any event, Bravo @Jmr928!
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. I set the office dress code but dress down based on who I have meetings with on any given day. Today was a short day and meeting with a long-standing client I’ve got a good relationship with who recently sold his business and now wears quarter zips pretty much exclusively so a suit would have been overkill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads