• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
20221019165226_IMG_5939~2.JPG

20221019165730_IMG_5943~2.JPG

20221019170249_IMG_5946~2.JPG

20221019171020_IMG_5951~2.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Halloween from Morticia, Thing, and me.

P1140491.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is Alan flashing everybody? :lol: Just kidding. Gorgeous cut on the suit. I notice you always tuck the thin blade of your tie in your pants. I believe the majority of your wardrobe is bespoke. Why not bespoke ties?

Last edited by a moderator:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is Alan flashing everybody? :lol: Just kidding. Gorgeous cut on the suit. I notice you always tuck the thin blade of your tie in your pants. I believe the majority of your wardrobe is bespoke. Why not bespoke ties?

Yes, flawless cut (those trousers!) and lovely drape, but the tie is too long.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all very nice, but there are divots in the shoulders.
I don't think the tie is too long. I think with high waist trousers, it's ok for the tie to hang a little lower. I usually tuck the thin blade into my pants when its very long compared to the front blade. Most of my ties are too long for my height and my high rise pants.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the tie is too long. I think with high waist trousers, it's ok for the tie to hang a little lower. I usually tuck the thin blade into my pants when its very long compared to the front blade. Most of my ties are too long for my height and my high rise pants.
I do. Most of the ties are too long today in my eyes. I prefer a length just above the waistband of the trousers. If you look at old movies from the 30s and 40s, you will notice that the tie was considerably shorter.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nah, it's too long. The ties of the period he's referencing with the proportions and cut of his suit were shorter. I'm not obsessive about tie length (and with a double-breasted jacekt, it will rarely be visible, flashing aside) but if the tie is made to order, it should be ordered shorter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads