• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's outfit had a blue tie and navy shoes, so not all grey. As for the buttons of today's suit, we will have to agree to disagree. Not only do I like the suit as is, but it is my wife's favorite. I mess with this suit, I may find myself homeless. Of all possible reasons for divorce, that would be one of the lamest.

I do like this, but I liked yesterday's all gray combo better. Nothing to do about this and it has happened to me on several occasion, but I think darker brown buttons would have looked better.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yellow, burgundy, brown, and green.

6ED15465-28CC-4E5E-8B5F-5003BE64DF98.jpeg

EE252F73-A56C-49BB-8AFB-4908B1CB7761.jpeg

39902DB7-20CD-445E-8A5E-92F5D05F1C6C.jpeg

9B71DE27-57F0-4558-B8B9-E5B25AA8542D.jpeg

F0360C68-E680-4B94-ADF3-81CF39891D51.jpeg

F4C7A436-17F0-481C-8EEC-2FD67A613AC7.jpeg

monkey66

Reaction score
Meetings in London last week were all tie-less. Audience was in their 30's and 40's and I did not want to be the only person in a tie as I needed to fit in (selling, not buying).

Back down in Somerset this week so I can wear what I want.

First outing for one of my Lutwyche liquidation suit which is back from my (new) tailor. He shortened the shoulders, adjusted the chest profile, cuffs and buttons. I had him convert the trousers from belt loops to side adjusters, Very happy with the fit and quality give the bargain price. They appeared to have doubled in price on eBay since I purchased.

The cloth on the suit is unknown (no label) but very soft handle and mid/heavy weight so wool and most likely has some % of cashmere.

Tie is cashmere from Arcuri. Pocket square is busy but happy.

If the weather had been less rainy I would have worn suede shoes.

P1020175 copy.jpg

P1020192 copy.jpg

P1020216 copy.jpg

P1020204 copy.jpg

P1020177 copy.jpg
P1020209 copy.jpg

MattyS

Reaction score
First outing for one of my Lutwyche liquidation suit which is back from my (new) tailor. He shortened the shoulders, adjusted the chest profile, cuffs and buttons. I had him convert the trousers from belt loops to side adjusters, Very happy with the fit and quality give the bargain price. They appeared to have doubled in price on eBay since I purchased.
I bought a couple of the Lutwyche liquidation suits (and a couple of jackets) on eBay as well. Luckily, the only alteration for the various jackets was shortening the sleeves a bit. (A few of them needed buttons as well.) They're beautifully made.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is sunny and seasonably cool, and I am planning on meeting a friend for a drink later on this afternoon, in a venue without a proper coat check, hence the less-than-formal headgear vs. more formal attire underneath the outerwear.

I've had today's tie for many years, and in the past have only worn it with brown suits, so today's matching is something of a departure from standard practice, but what is life without experimentation. Ditto on the funky socks.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_6934.JPG

IMG_6927 (2).JPG
IMG_6930.JPG
IMG_6931.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG
IMG_6933.JPG

SJTM

Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is sunny and seasonably cool, and I am planning on meeting a friend for a drink later on this afternoon, in a venue without a proper coat check, hence the less-than-formal headgear vs. more formal attire underneath the outerwear.

I've had today's tie for many years, and in the past have only worn it with brown suits, so today's matching is something of a departure from standard practice, but what is life without experimentation. Ditto on the funky socks.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 1760793

You have such an excellent collection of braces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads