• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look. Might want to choose a more neutral, less distracting background for your shots. Seeing a nuclear power plant in the background draws our attention away from the fabulous outfit.
Fabulous suit and fit. Might want to rethink the backgrounds for your photos and pick something less cluttered. Distracts, and detracts, from your great outfits!
Stop it, you’re being distracting

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day of LA “winter.” Used it to justify wearing a proper tweed jacket. Horribly impractical, but I love it.
C7D749B5-69C9-496F-A7F0-E385DCBD9C3F.jpeg

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Taken a few weeks ago when you could still see the sun in Brussels. Should have gone with a solid shirt and avoid the four-pattern overload, but I wanted to try my new seersucker shirt before the weather got too cold.

Jacket: Luciano Barbera
Shirt: Shirtonomy
Tie: Marinella
PS: Roda
Pants: Isaia
Shoes: Alden

Last edited:

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Brooks Brothers, mostly.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks brothers shirt & trousers; Pantherella socks; Allen Edmonds laceups.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Brooks Brothers tie; braces; flannel jacket.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Bowler: Goorin Brothers, Charleston.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20201027_110730.jpg 20201027_110838.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC remains cool and overcast, but is dry for the moment - just the day to stand in line for early voting. I believe that, with today's cap, I shall be insulated comfortably outdoors, without becoming overheated indoors.

Sports jacket, bow tie, cap & shoes - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Drake's, via the Armoury, NYC
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_4610.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The shirt pattern and jacket pattern are too similar in size. A wider stripe in the shirt would look good.
I strongly disagree with this suggestion. I like it as-is, but if I were to suggest an improvement it would be to use a lower-contrast stripe for the shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads